• 24(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
(2014-07-22, 00:20)danilovesky Wrote: Hi Gade,
Thank for the great effort in keeping this skin alive, much appreciated!

By any chance, did you look into the sorting problem I reported few month ago (post #282 in this thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1626249)? Is it something difficult to fix or just not the top priority?

Another thing to mention - when the POWER category is entered and a popup dialog window appers, it is impossible to select any item as there is no selection cursor.

Hi danilovesky.

I will look into the sorting issues soon. It's on my list and needs some attention - but it will take some time to fix. Smile

About the Power issue - I'm not sure I understand you. Please explain in detail what you are trying to do and what the skin doesn't do. Do you use a mouse, keyboard or touch device for XBMC? What platform do you use? Is it the shutdown dialog you mean (when pressing S on a keyboard or the Power Category in the Home Screen)?
Last post in this thread before I jump into the Gotham thread instead. Smile

I use the standard backgrounds, no customs. So that might not be the issue then.

Switching between menu items was slow, including the selection of submenu entries for custom categories. Even selecting the next movie or TV episode with the mouse cursors took a lot longer than it should. I'll test the new Gotham build and will let you know. Using Openelec, btw. As I said, Confluence works as expected. Hopefully it was just an incompatibility between the Frodo version and Openelec Gotham.

Thanks for the hard work, Gade!
(2014-07-23, 12:34)Gade Wrote:

By any chance, did you look into the sorting problem I reported few month ago (post #282 in this thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1626249)? Is it something difficult to fix or just not the top priority?

Another thing to mention - when the POWER category is entered and a popup dialog window appers, it is impossible to select any item as there is no selection cursor.

Hi danilovesky.

I will look into the sorting issues soon. It's on my list and needs some attention - but it will take some time to fix. Smile

About the Power issue - I'm not sure I understand you. Please explain in detail what you are trying to do and what the skin doesn't do. Do you use a mouse, keyboard or touch device for XBMC? What platform do you use? Is it the shutdown dialog you mean (when pressing S on a keyboard or the Power Category in the Home Screen)?

Hi Gade,

Sorry I did not explain the issue in detail, will try to do it better now.

I am running Openelec 3.2.4 (the latest Frodo-based version, x86_64 architecture) and usually I use Logitech Harmony 650 remote control or Logitech K400 keyboard with touchpad to operate XBMC.

Scenario 1 (remote control):
I use the remote control, navigate to the POWER category (an item of the large menu on the bottom of home screen). When I press OK button on the remote a menu with the following items opens in the middle of the screen (do not confuse with the sub-categories that open when you press up button), but I cannot navigate it as it does not have focus:
CUSTOM SHUTDOWN TIMER
POWER OFF SYSTEM
REBOOT
RESTART XBMC
RELOAD SKIN

Scenario 2 (keyboard):
I press "S" on the keyboard to open the above mentioned menu. The same situation - the pressing up/down keys does not do anything as the menu does not have focus.

Scenario 3 (touchapd):
If I use a touchapd (or mouse) to click the POWER category and then move the mouse cursor to the above mentioned menu, then it suddenly gets the focus and I can choose the menu item with any input device (touchpad, keyboard or remote control). As soon as I move the mouse coursor out of the menu box it looses focus and cannot be navigated.

Hope this explanation helps...

Another (cosmetic) thing - if I select SYSTEM category (in the home menu) then move the cursor up and navigate to ABOUT sub-category I get the system information twith the following title:
[home symbol] > ABOUT > RAPIER 5.7.0
It probably should be "RAPIER 5.7.1" as I am sure I installed the latest version and can see "Rapier 5.7.1" in the skin selection dialog.

I too have experinced this issue for some time, and it does indeed get annoying.. .. and yes, its in this version as well :\

Secondly... GADE... Thank you so much for the updated work on the skin Smile
(2014-07-23, 16:10)Westward Wrote: Last post in this thread before I jump into the Gotham thread instead. Smile

I use the standard backgrounds, no customs. So that might not be the issue then.

Switching between menu items was slow, including the selection of submenu entries for custom categories. Even selecting the next movie or TV episode with the mouse cursors took a lot longer than it should. I'll test the new Gotham build and will let you know. Using Openelec, btw. As I said, Confluence works as expected. Hopefully it was just an incompatibility between the Frodo version and Openelec Gotham.

Thanks for the hard work, Gade!

Hi Westward

Sounds great about moving to Gotham - I can't wait to hear how the skin is testing out compared to the Frodo version.

Hmmm... Maybe Rapier just is a more demanding skin that light systems have difficulties running. It would be very helpful with a scaled down Rapier for testing, if you have the time.

Gade
(2014-07-23, 22:16)danilovesky Wrote: Hi Gade,

Sorry I did not explain the issue in detail, will try to do it better now.

I am running Openelec 3.2.4 (the latest Frodo-based version, x86_64 architecture) and usually I use Logitech Harmony 650 remote control or Logitech K400 keyboard with touchpad to operate XBMC.

Scenario 1 (remote control):
I use the remote control, navigate to the POWER category (an item of the large menu on the bottom of home screen). When I press OK button on the remote a menu with the following items opens in the middle of the screen (do not confuse with the sub-categories that open when you press up button), but I cannot navigate it as it does not have focus:
CUSTOM SHUTDOWN TIMER
POWER OFF SYSTEM
REBOOT
RESTART XBMC
RELOAD SKIN

Scenario 2 (keyboard):
I press "S" on the keyboard to open the above mentioned menu. The same situation - the pressing up/down keys does not do anything as the menu does not have focus.

Scenario 3 (touchapd):
If I use a touchapd (or mouse) to click the POWER category and then move the mouse cursor to the above mentioned menu, then it suddenly gets the focus and I can choose the menu item with any input device (touchpad, keyboard or remote control). As soon as I move the mouse coursor out of the menu box it looses focus and cannot be navigated.

Hope this explanation helps...

Hi danilovesky.

Thanks for the clarification.

That's weird that the Shutdown Menu doesn't get focused.

- Do other dialog windows get focused instantly (add-on settings, context menu, song information etc.)?
- Do you have the same problem in Confluence?
- Have you had this problem with earlier versions of Rapier? I did change some things in the Shutdown Menu from 5.6.1 to 5.7.0.

Could you plase try installing 5.6.1 again and see if the problem persists? You have PM disabled, so I have sent you an email with the link.

(2014-07-23, 22:16)danilovesky Wrote: Another (cosmetic) thing - if I select SYSTEM category (in the home menu) then move the cursor up and navigate to ABOUT sub-category I get the system information twith the following title:
[home symbol] > ABOUT > RAPIER 5.7.0
It probably should be "RAPIER 5.7.1" as I am sure I installed the latest version and can see "Rapier 5.7.1" in the skin selection dialog.

Ahhh, damn, I probably forgot. In Frodo, I have to add the skin version manually - in Gotham that's being done automatically. You can always check the correct version under System -> Add-ons -> Enabled Add-ons -> Skin -> Navigate to Rapier and select it.
(2014-07-24, 13:37)Gade Wrote: Hi danilovesky.

Thanks for the clarification.

That's weird that the Shutdown Menu doesn't get focused.

- Do other dialog windows get focused instantly (add-on settings, context menu, song information etc.)?
- Do you have the same problem in Confluence?
- Have you had this problem with earlier versions of Rapier? I did change some things in the Shutdown Menu from 5.6.1 to 5.7.0.

Could you plase try installing 5.6.1 again and see if the problem persists? You have PM disabled, so I have sent you an email with the link.

Hi Gade,

- All the other dialog windows I could think of (including the context menu, add-on settings and song info) get focused when being open and work fine.

- No such a problem in Confluence skin, the power dialog window is different though and has three items only:
Power off System
Custom shutdown timer
Reboot

- As far as I remember the earlier versions of Rapier skin did not have this problem. And I just checked version 5.6.1 you sent me - the power dialog window gets focused as expected (RESTART XBMC is selected initially), but looks different from the latest version:
SHUTDOWN
REBOOT
QUIT XBMC
RESTART XBMC
RELOAD SKIN
PLAY DISC
EJECT/LOAD

If this issue only affects me, then do not worry about fixing it. I can always use the sub-menu of the POWER category (the items above the category name) - that works fine.
(2014-07-24, 22:45)danilovesky Wrote: Hi Gade,

- All the other dialog windows I could think of (including the context menu, add-on settings and song info) get focused when being open and work fine.

- No such a problem in Confluence skin, the power dialog window is different though and has three items only:
Power off System
Custom shutdown timer
Reboot

- As far as I remember the earlier versions of Rapier skin did not have this problem. And I just checked version 5.6.1 you sent me - the power dialog window gets focused as expected (RESTART XBMC is selected initially), but looks different from the latest version:
SHUTDOWN
REBOOT
QUIT XBMC
RESTART XBMC
RELOAD SKIN
PLAY DISC
EJECT/LOAD

If this issue only affects me, then do not worry about fixing it. I can always use the sub-menu of the POWER category (the items above the category name) - that works fine.

Hi danilovesky.

Thanks a lot for testing. There definately seems to be a problem - it's not just you Smile

I did some redesign from 5.6.1 to 5.7.0, and appently some things now are not working.

I have been bugfixing a bit today.

Could you please try to add this file to your skin.rapier/720p folder? Or do you need the entire skin?
(2014-07-24, 23:16)Gade Wrote: Hi danilovesky.

Thanks a lot for testing. There definately seems to be a problem - it's not just you Smile

I did some redesign from 5.6.1 to 5.7.0, and appently some things now are not working.

I have been bugfixing a bit today.

Could you please try to add this file to your skin.rapier/720p folder? Or do you need the entire skin?

Thanks, Gade,

Replacing the DialogButtonMenu.xml fixed the issue with the power menu!

Now only the sorting problem bothers me a bit. Is it the same in Gotham version of the skin or is specific for Frodo? If the sorting works perfectly in Gotham it would be a great motivation for me to upgrade.
(2014-07-25, 09:11)danilovesky Wrote: Thanks, Gade,

Replacing the DialogButtonMenu.xml fixed the issue with the power menu!

Now only the sorting problem bothers me a bit. Is it the same in Gotham version of the skin or is specific for Frodo? If the sorting works perfectly in Gotham it would be a great motivation for me to upgrade.

Thanks, that sounds great Smile

I did a redesign of the Shutdown Menu once again and now it also seems to work smoothly on Windows and IOS. I will include the fix in the next update both for Frodo and Gotham.

The sorting problems will be the next I look at. It's the same problem both for the Frodo and Gotham versions.

I can only encourage you to upgrade! XBMC and Rapier is so much better in Gotham Smile
(2014-07-25, 09:32)Gade Wrote: Thanks, that sounds great Smile

I did a redesign of the Shutdown Menu once again and now it also seems to work smoothly on Windows and IOS. I will include the fix in the next update both for Frodo and Gotham.

The sorting problems will be the next I look at. It's the same problem both for the Frodo and Gotham versions.

I can only encourage you to upgrade! XBMC and Rapier is so much better in Gotham Smile

Gade,

I will try installing Gotham again. I tried it a couple months ago when it was first released, but had incompatibility issues with my openvpn-related scripts and some of the non-official plugins, so I postponed the migration.

About the power dialog window - can I suggest making POWER OFF SYSTEM item selected by default (instead of RESTART XBMC)? From my experience it is the most frequently used operation on this menu.

Also an idea for future improvements - to make the sub-categories of the main menu reconfigurable (the items accessible on the home screen, above the main categories). It would be nice to have a possibility to hide/show those sub-category items, similar to how it is done to the categories.
So Gade, been looking into the "Sort By" problems myself, it seems that Container.SetSortMethod(#) just doesn't do anything... how ever as a test

Code:
<label>$INFO[Container.SortMethod]</label>
<onclick>Container.NextSortMethod()</onclick>

Seems to work fine.... I'm wondering if Container.SetSortMethod() is broken...
(2014-07-25, 11:05)danilovesky Wrote: Gade,

I will try installing Gotham again. I tried it a couple months ago when it was first released, but had incompatibility issues with my openvpn-related scripts and some of the non-official plugins, so I postponed the migration.

About the power dialog window - can I suggest making POWER OFF SYSTEM item selected by default (instead of RESTART XBMC)? From my experience it is the most frequently used operation on this menu.

I think maybe you didn't get the newest version. Could you please try to download this file and replace the existing one.

Let me know if this fixes everything and that the buttons are in a logical order. Rapiers order of buttons should be almost identical to Confluence's (with some extra buttons at the bottom). The thing is that there are at least 15 or more buttons in the menu, and depending on your system and settings not all of them are displayed.

(2014-07-25, 11:05)danilovesky Wrote: Also an idea for future improvements - to make the sub-categories of the main menu reconfigurable (the items accessible on the home screen, above the main categories). It would be nice to have a possibility to hide/show those sub-category items, similar to how it is done to the categories.

This is already possible for almost every category. Navigate to Settings -> Skin Settings -> Home - and here you can find all the settings for the submenus.
(2014-07-25, 13:00)VeNoMouSNZ Wrote: So Gade, been looking into the "Sort By" problems myself, it seems that Container.SetSortMethod(#) just doesn't do anything... how ever as a test

Code:
<label>$INFO[Container.SortMethod]</label>
<onclick>Container.NextSortMethod()</onclick>

Seems to work fine.... I'm wondering if Container.SetSortMethod() is broken...
You are probably using Rapier 6.0.0 with XBMC Gotham?

It seems Container.SetSortmethod() is broken in Gotham, however it works absolutely fine in Frodo.

Most skins use one button for the sort order (which lets XBMC handle the sorting options), while Rapier uses a drop down dialog. That drop down dialog means that all sort methods needs to be coded manually using Container.SetSortmethod() and a lot of visibility conditions. I'm considering changing that for one button, so everything can be fixed at once...
(2014-07-25, 13:50)Gade Wrote:
(2014-07-25, 11:05)danilovesky Wrote: Gade,

I think maybe you didn't get the newest version. Could you please try to download this file and replace the existing one.

Let me know if this fixes everything and that the buttons are in a logical order. Rapiers order of buttons should be almost identical to Confluence's (with some extra buttons at the bottom). The thing is that there are at least 15 or more buttons in the menu, and depending on your system and settings not all of them are displayed.

(2014-07-25, 11:05)danilovesky Wrote: Also an idea for future improvements - to make the sub-categories of the main menu reconfigurable (the items accessible on the home screen, above the main categories). It would be nice to have a possibility to hide/show those sub-category items, similar to how it is done to the categories.

This is already possible for almost every category. Navigate to Settings -> Skin Settings -> Home - and here you can find all the settings for the submenus.

Hi Gade,

The power dialog works perfectly and even remembers the previously selected item (that is what led me into confusion), so just ignore my previous post.

Regarding the configuration of sub-category (or submenus as they are called in the skin settings). One indeed can hide the individual categories (e.g. VIDEO, MUSIC, GENERAL, etc). However, what I meant - the category submenus (e.g. in VIDEOS category those are LIBRARY, MOVIES, TV SHOWS, MUSIC VIDEOS, PLAYLISTS, PARTY MODE, ADD-ONS). Currently you can either hide all of them (SYSTEM -> Skin settings->Home->Hide submenus) or add user-defined submenus (SYSTEM->Skin settings->Home->Category submenu items). It would be convenient to hide some (but not all) of the existing category submenus thus making space for user-defined ones.

While playing with Skin settings I noticed a small usability issue - it is difficult to navigate the long lists of options. Only Up and Down keys work, but not PageUp or PageDown. Also if you move focus to the scroll bar and slide to the settings you need and then go back from the scroll bar to the settings panel -- the focus jumps to the previously selected item, not to the currently visible ones. It would be more convenient if in the Skin settings the selection followed the scroll bar, similar to how it is done in long lists of media files.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2