• 25(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
(2014-07-25, 19:32)Gade Wrote:
(2014-07-25, 13:00)VeNoMouSNZ Wrote: So Gade, been looking into the "Sort By" problems myself, it seems that Container.SetSortMethod(#) just doesn't do anything... how ever as a test

Code:
<label>$INFO[Container.SortMethod]</label>
<onclick>Container.NextSortMethod()</onclick>

Seems to work fine.... I'm wondering if Container.SetSortMethod() is broken...
You are probably using Rapier 6.0.0 with XBMC Gotham?

It seems Container.SetSortmethod() is broken in Gotham, however it works absolutely fine in Frodo.

Most skins use one button for the sort order (which lets XBMC handle the sorting options), while Rapier uses a drop down dialog. That drop down dialog means that all sort methods needs to be coded manually using Container.SetSortmethod() and a lot of visibility conditions. I'm considering changing that for one button, so everything can be fixed at once...

Indeed I am, and yes, I too have found all the other skins are just using NextSortMethod()
(2014-07-26, 03:14)VeNoMouSNZ Wrote: Indeed I am, and yes, I too have found all the other skins are just using NextSortMethod()

Please keep this thread about Rapier for Frodo.

Thanks a lot for the inputs about the sort methods.

I have uploaded a new version for Gotham including the fixes. Smile
(2014-07-25, 23:56)danilovesky Wrote: Regarding the configuration of sub-category (or submenus as they are called in the skin settings). One indeed can hide the individual categories (e.g. VIDEO, MUSIC, GENERAL, etc). However, what I meant - the category submenus (e.g. in VIDEOS category those are LIBRARY, MOVIES, TV SHOWS, MUSIC VIDEOS, PLAYLISTS, PARTY MODE, ADD-ONS). Currently you can either hide all of them (SYSTEM -> Skin settings->Home->Hide submenus) or add user-defined submenus (SYSTEM->Skin settings->Home->Category submenu items). It would be convenient to hide some (but not all) of the existing category submenus thus making space for user-defined ones.

Hi danilovesky.

All this is already possible - and easy. Smile

Let me give you an example:
You like the Movies submenu, but would only like Genre, Actors, Directors and Recently Added to be visible.
- This is submenu 1, 3, 4 and 7.
- Enter the Skin Settings -> Home -> Customize Submenu -> Movies.
- Activate button 2, 5 and 6, but do nothing else.
- That's it.

You can do this with all buttons, almost all categories and also add your own submenu items. If you would like to replace the Actors submenu under the Movies category with something else, you just select submenu number 3 in the skin settings.

(2014-07-25, 23:56)danilovesky Wrote: While playing with Skin settings I noticed a small usability issue - it is difficult to navigate the long lists of options. Only Up and Down keys work, but not PageUp or PageDown. Also if you move focus to the scroll bar and slide to the settings you need and then go back from the scroll bar to the settings panel -- the focus jumps to the previously selected item, not to the currently visible ones. It would be more convenient if in the Skin settings the selection followed the scroll bar, similar to how it is done in long lists of media files.

The scrollbar is mostly for touch devices and mouse. When you focus the scrollbar and go back to the options, the last focused item will always be selected.

The movie library works differently.

But I will take note of this and consider giving it some attention at some point.
(2014-07-26, 20:12)Gade Wrote: Hi danilovesky.

All this is already possible - and easy. Smile

Let me give you an example:
You like the Movies submenu, but would only like Genre, Actors, Directors and Recently Added to be visible.
- This is submenu 1, 3, 4 and 7.
- Enter the Skin Settings -> Home -> Customize Submenu -> Movies.
- Activate button 2, 5 and 6, but do nothing else.
- That's it.

You can do this with all buttons, almost all categories and also add your own submenu items. If you would like to replace the Actors submenu under the Movies category with something else, you just select submenu number 3 in the skin settings.

Hi Gade,

Many thanks for this detailed explanation!
I feel stupid I did not figure out this myself Smile
No problem, glad to help Smile
I have just finished a detailed guide to Rapier's skin settings on the wiki page. People often ask the same questions and the skin settings might be somewhat confusing, so maybe this is about time Smile

You can find the detailed guide here.
(2014-08-15, 16:09)Gade Wrote: I have just finished a detailed guide to Rapier's skin settings on the wiki page. People often ask the same questions and maybe the skin settings can be somewhat confusing, so maybe this is about time Smile

You can find the detailed guide here.

Thanks a lot, Gade, very useful guide!
Hi all!

Since the last 5.7.1 update of Rapier for XBMC 12.x Frodo, I have done a lot of bugfixing for the 13.x Gotham release. Some of it have been included in this 5.7.2 update, and I strongly recommend everyone still running XBMC 12.x Frodo to update. Smile

As usual please let me know if you experience any bugs etc.

DOWNLOAD RAPIER 5.7.2 HERE!

CHANGELOG FOR 5.7.2:
Code:
- Bugfixing of the Shutdown Menu.
- Bugfixing of the Power submenus.
- General bugfixing.
- Fixes for tv show OSD clear logos, clear art and covers.
- Added full support for movie OSD clear logos and clear art. You will need to select your preferred setting again under Skin Settings -> Media -> OSD.
- Added clear art and clear logos when pausing video.
- Fixed paused label under fullscreen video.
- Fixed missing scrollbar in profiles.
- Moved skin setting "Hide OSD Seekbar" to Media: OSD.
- Added a trailer button to the context menu in movies and tv shows.
- Fixed trailer button in video information dialog to use Youtube plugin if no other trailer is available.
- Position fixes for clear art in tv shows Thumbs Info View.
- Updated support for script.videoextras.

ENJOY!
Hi, i have just discovered this skin....and it´s my favourite at all
I am one of those still in frodo and have installed v 5.7.2
I want to go on using this skin, but I have a little problem, maybe someone can help me:

When I try to watch something from XBMCTORRENT i get 'script failed ADDON.PY' error. But it only happens to me iwth rapier skin, not with other ones.

At this moment I can´t post the log (i´m at work) but if needed I will post it later.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Hi cabarrar.

Thanks a bunch for your support Smile

It's easier if you post a debug log. It sounds strange that this skin gives you an addon error and other skins don't.

I highly recommend that you upgrade to Gotham. XBMC and Rapier is greatly improved and I have a lot of updates planned for Gotham and Helix. I have mostly cancelled support for Rapier 5.x Frodo, as only few people use this version. Maybe one or two more minor versions will come at some point, containing bugfixes etc.
Hi again.

I have now experienced this error myself, also in Rapier for Gotham.

So I have made a note of this and will look into it as soon as possible Smile

A debug log will still be very helpfull.
Hi gade. Thanks for your answer. I am away home for a few days. I will post the log as soon as i can. Thanks again
Hi all!

I have included some of the bugfixing related to Rapier for XBMC 13.x Gotham version in this update for XBMC 12.x Frodo. Once again, I strongly recommend everyone still running XBMC 12.x Frodo to update. Smile

As usual please let me know if you experience any bugs etc.

DOWNLOAD RAPIER 5.7.3 HERE!

CHANGELOG FOR 5.7.3:
Code:
- General bugfixing.
- Bugfixing of breadcrumbs.
- Updating and bugfixing of OSD seekbar labels.
- Added additional video source, video codec and audio media flags.
- Added Spotify and TV Guide home menu images to the extras folder.
- Bugfixing of the menubar in add-on information dialog for touch devices.

ENJOY!
Hello Christian,

I have tried the new version of Rapier today. I can tell you have put a considerable amount of good work; it looks terrific and I can also notice its responsiveness has improved. Kudos to you Christian!

I also took the time to test some add-ons... I am scratching my head as to why the overlay for VideoExtras isn't displaying... Then I think: well, maybe Christian has posts #302 & #314 still in the works? Please let me know so I can rule out any possible issue in my set up and just wait until it comes in one of your updates.

Just to show how they look like:

Confluence default is a letter 'E':

An example of a proposed new overlay for Confluence:

Example in another skin showing camera in red triangular overlay on upper right corner (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9):
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi Jav.

Thanks a lot for the nice words - it really means a lot Smile

Did you try out 5.7.3 for Frodo or 6.2.0 for Gotham? Both are new versions but they are very different. This thread is for Rapier Frodo.

I actually haven't added the overlays for the movie and tv show library yet to any of the versions. It's definately on the top of my very long list of things to do, but it requires a great amount of work to get it the way I want.

Everything else concerning VideoExtras should be up to date and work perfectly - it's just this one thing still missing Smile

Cheers
Christian
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2