Live OTA TV (ATSC) on ATV2?
Has anyone gotten live OTA TV (U.S. ATSC) working on an Apple TV? Here's my setup: Antenna (ATSC) > HDHomerun HDHR3-US (MPEG2) > Mac Mini 5,1 (MythTV backend) > Apple TV 2 (XBMC). The ATV2 is constantly buffering the live TV stream, most likely because it is MPEG2. Assuming that's the issue, the only way I believe I can solve this is to use a Hauppauge Broadway, instead of the HDHomerun, since it has a built-in H.264 encoder. But I'm not sure the Broadway is supported on MythTV. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
I'm wondering the same thing -- are there any known good working configurations for live TV, and Frodo on an ATV2.

I've gotten pretty close:
ArgusTV backend with a HDHR3-US for ATSC OTA tuning.
ATV2 (4.4.4) with Frodo RC3 - wired Ethernet.

I get perfect signal, no buffering issues when using SD channels - I get 30-40fps, but the HD channels buffer like crazy and drops to 10-15fps, as you were saying. Nothing I've done has made it better, changing interlacing, etc.

From a Windows PC running Frodo RC3, all the same TV channels tune perfectly even over wireless, leading me to think that the stream is just too high bitrate for the ATV2 to handle, but not sure what I can do about it without replacing the ATV2 with something more beefy, or finding something that will yield a lighter stream.
I'm in the same boat. ATV2 choppy / buffer - no go on live ATSC TV. option to transcode recordings from mythtv or mediaportal.

Funny - I got a little Raspberry - bout $30.00 and I am more impressed with that running raspbmc then I ever was with the ATV. Buy one - give your apple tv to a button pusher.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live OTA TV (ATSC) on ATV2?0