More aspect-ratio options: Step Zoom, Pan and Scan
thanks for the tip jmarshall!

i'd blithely assumed that because it wasn't included among the 'back button' resize options (zoom, stretch, and the other one) then it wasn't there. it hadn't occured to me that an ar flag could be set in the codec itself.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i'd love to see this feature:
you know the way when you press the start button, you can have the given ratio of the film, press it again, you can stretch it to full screen and press it once more and you can zoom so it's full screen.

i think the zoom feature is excellent, but i'm wondering if you could make this configurable? as in, instead of zooming in 100% so the edges of the horizontal borders are touching off your television screen. when a film is shown on television, it's always standard to leave about 3cm of black border before they zoom in. that way the image is fullscreen, but the sides haven't been cropped as much. i'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement this feature, but i'd love to see it added sometime soon.

cheers
- dave

p.s. i think it would be great to see more customisation of subtitles. i.e. being able to increase the shadow.
would it be possible to add more steps to video zoom mode, like steps from 25%, like alot of dvd players also have, so some movies have a very bad picture quality when zoomed to full screen, and are to small for desent watching. another possibility is the same zoom future as dvdx is using, that would be more than perfect anywayz
i think the ability to vertical stretch/shrink the image while in osd would be very useful for all those letterbox ntsc movies.
the up/down directional arrows could be mapped to do that while in the osd for instance.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
bump

i'd like to see it work just like media player classic where you use the num pad to stretch... it works like this:

5 - reset
9 - zoom in
1 - zoom out
6 - increase width
4 - decrease width
8 - increase height
2 - decrease height

the layout makes it very very easy to use

[  1  ]   [  2  ]   [  3  ]
zoom-   height-

[  4  ]   [  5  ]   [  6  ]
width-   reset    width+

[  7  ]   [  8  ]   [  9  ]
          height+ zoom+
well topic says all, xbmp 2.4 had both those features (wich i think are extremly usefull)

im sure im not the only one that would like these in xbmc, but i have no clue if its even possible or if its too much work or if you guys just dont want to do it

theres already a "formal" feature request on sourceforge, but its quite old, and doesnt seem to be noticed, so thats why im posting here
for me who have a 16:9 tv that cant shrink/stretch the pictures if using the rgb input (which has the best quality by far) this is really crucial.

i have to watch my 4:3 material stretched. i reported this in the bug forum (before i saw this thread), since i consider it a bug when you cant watch 4:3 material on a 16:9 configured system without getting it stretched out
i'd really like to see a feature where i can save presets for screen calibration and overscan. i have a 28" widescreen tv, and when watching widescreen movies i have to pan&zoom the image on my tv to make the ratio correct. this results in the loss of anything that is in the bottom part of my screen (video osd in this situation). if there was some kind of option in the video-controls where i could just click and it stretched the picture, that would be just great. :thumbsup:
it's on my todo list.

don't hold your breath, though - the list is quite long Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More aspect-ratio options: Step Zoom, Pan and Scan0