Linux XBMCbuntu - No Network Options
I've recently just installed XBMCbuntu 11.0 onto an Acer Revo L70. The specs are

AMD E450
Crucial V4 30gb SSD
4gb Ram

Installation went great and booted straight into XBMC. I've exited out of there and into Ubuntu to set up the wireless connection, however when i click on the network icon in the bottom right, "wired network connections" is greyed out. I've right clicked and ticked next to both Wireless and Wired Network.

There also appears to be no lights flashing on the LAN connection like there usually are. I'm not sure if any drivers need installing, however i'm not sure how to go about this as i'm not really sure what i'm doing with Linux, i was hoping it would be a case of installing and setting a few options rather than troubleshooting.

Is there something i'm missing or need to do?
dmesg posted to pastevin, also ifconfig -a
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
FYI if your using wireless the wired is disabled usually.

So if you want to use wired disabled wireless or if you want to use both at same time you probably need to enter the settings on the configuration file manually.

Also there is a wifi addon for XBMC Smile

uNi
Weirdly enough, if i leave it around 20 minutes it seems to pick up a wired connection. Still no sign of wireless connections though using the Ubuntu desktop Network Manager.

If i was to install the Wifi addon for XBMC, is that just an extention of the Ubuntu network manager or is it slightly different?

Is there any kind of device manager like in Windows in GUI form to check whether the wireless is working? I tried IF Config and IW config in the terminal but i don't recall it giving me anything i could work out!
it is an extension or rather an alternative gui to the nm process.
If wired does not show up before 20 min in ubuntu you must have a strange error on your network or network card...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu - No Network Options0