Solved "Lock Settings" keeps popping up when trying to access smb
Hi all,

I recently bought a Raspberry Pi, and i'm now working on installing XBMC on it. First I tried running raspbmc, which ran perfectly, but had one problem.
When i try to add a video (or anything else) source, =>browse=>windows network (SMB)=> i do find my workgroup, which is just called "Workgroup", i do find the pc's on the network, but when I try to access a pc a "Lock Settings" screen pops up, where i have to fill in a username, password and i have an option to remember for this path. I have no idea what username/password is required, and tried everything from pi/raspberry to the username/password of my windows pc. So whatever i enter, the screen just pops back up.

So i decided to uninstall raspbmc, and try it on XBian, but the same thing happens.

What am i doing wrong? I've worked with XBMCbuntu on a normal PC, but I never encountered this problem, it was just plug n play then.

Kind regards,
Roger
Hey Roger. Had the same issue friggin annoying! Are you by any chance using your Iphone, Android or another method to remotely control XBMC and enter your details? I was using my iPhone and XBMC remote and received same errors you were. However when i used a usb keyboard and entered exactly the same details all worked. Very strange.

So give that a go.
Hey,

I fixed the problem a while ago, can't find the forum anymore with the answer, it's somewhere on the web Wink But in short, somewhere in a commandprompt ran program I just had to uncheck the box asking me to protect networksharing with a username/password. Never seen or heard of it before, but if i remember correctly it had something to do with a inability in windows to cooperate with a windowsaccount without a password.

And I was using a usb keyboard btw Wink

Thanks anyway!
Rogier

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Lock Settings" keeps popping up when trying to access smb1