XBMC Menu blank upon opening
Well bit of a weird issue, haven't found a thread on this issue yet so here goes!

Basically whenever i open XBMC the menu is completely blank, Doesnt respond to any keyboard inputs at all.
The only way i have found to get around it is to use a remote app on my iphone to enter one of the menu's

Here is a screenshot of the main menu

Was going to include the log but for some reason debugging on my XBMC doesnt seem to be working

Im running XBMC Frodo RC3 and the latest Aeon Nox

and i have checked and it works fine without using this skin.

Any help would be great!
Be interesting to know if anyone else is having the issue
(2013-01-12, 23:28)Stevenlr Wrote: Well bit of a weird issue, haven't found a thread on this issue yet so here goes!

Basically whenever i open XBMC the menu is completely blank, Doesnt respond to any keyboard inputs at all.
The only way i have found to get around it is to use a remote app on my iphone to enter one of the menu's

Was going to include the log but for some reason debugging on my XBMC doesnt seem to be working

Any help would be great!

delete guisettings.xml and delete nox skin folder. then install and try again.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I`ve got similar issue. After watching a movie or tv episode I`m back to the main screen, screen is black. It looks like screensaver switched off the screen. I need to push buttons on remote to wake up screen again.
Strange, isn`t it?
(2013-01-12, 23:30)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-01-12, 23:28)Stevenlr Wrote: Well bit of a weird issue, haven't found a thread on this issue yet so here goes!

Any help would be great!

delete guisettings.xml and delete nox skin folder. then install and try again.

Wish i didn't sound like a total noob but can't seem to find either of those.
Checked in my App Support folder but there is no XBMC folder for userdata to be stored in and can't find them in the Package contents of the actual App either
Its in the userdata folder. Be sure to make a backup, because deleting the guisettings.xml will reset all your settings from XBMC and any skin you had installed.
skin.aeon.nox is in the addons folder of your profile.
Well it says /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/ but for starter my 'Library' folder is on main Mactintosh HD rather than in the Users folder and in the Application Support folder there doesnt seem to be a XBMC folder

And if the addons folder is in the actual App, that too isnt in there :/
I was being stupid Smile
Library folder was hidden, erm so removing my GUI settings and replacing with a new one seemed to work fine, however it took me ages to get the settings exactly as i wanted them so i would rather not have to do it again.

http://sharetext.org/rzDj

That is a link to my GUIsettings.xml which caused the issue, don't suppose anyone fancies figuring out what the issue is so i can remove it? Smile
Well out of boredom i have figured out the issue! Just out of process of elimination.

Started from a fresh setup and gone through and did one thing at a time to see which caused the issue.

Conclusion i have come to is that the setting for 'Startup Window' under Appearance.
When this is set to TV only, it causes this blank menu issue.

At first i thought that maybe this is a normal XBMC issue rather than Aeon Nox but i have just tested the same setting on the Back Row skin and the doesn't show this issue.
(2013-01-13, 22:46)Stevenlr Wrote: Well out of boredom i have figured out the issue! Just out of process of elimination.

Started from a fresh setup and gone through and did one thing at a time to see which caused the issue.

Conclusion i have come to is that the setting for 'Startup Window' under Appearance.

At first i thought that maybe this is a normal XBMC issue rather than Aeon Nox but i have just tested the same setting on the Back Row skin and the doesn't show this issue.

Can I change this in a file rather than having to do all my settings again? If so, which file and what do I need to change?

/Edit: I found this in the guisettings.xml:

Code:
<startupwindow>10601</startupwindow>

What is the default window number?

/Edit2: Don't worry figured it out... set it to 10000 Smile
Yeah guess there is just a bug with setting it to TV :/
I'm now having this issue with the latest version of XBMC but can't find the guisettings.xml file. Has it changed?
I think I had the same problem but there was an easy solution, but I just cannot remember it that well. Damn!
I think what I did was start a movie or show with an app (XBMC Comamnder) where you do not have to navigate on screen but can just select a movie or show within the app. And after starting a movie or show and then stopping it, the menuswas there again. Something like that.
Maybe it is worth a try for you.
my issue was a plugin causing a problem.
(2013-01-13, 22:46)Stevenlr Wrote: Well out of boredom i have figured out the issue! Just out of process of elimination.

Thank you! I was about to redo my entire installation from scratch!

A couple clicks and everything is back to normal Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Menu blank upon opening0