Win Eden/Frodo
I'm new to XBMC, but have a question. Do I have to upgrade from Eden to Frodo? Also, is there anyway to turn off an automatic update?
Thank you.
No you're not obligated to move into Frodo. Would ask why Eden has you enamoured and what you think you'll lose.

The add-ons In the settings menu first level; menu slide-out on the left should have a toggle for auto updates and notifications.
(2013-01-13, 02:29)PatK Wrote: The add-ons In the settings menu first level; menu slide-out on the left should have a toggle for auto updates and notifications.

Just to clarify. This setting is auto-update for addons only. There is no built-in autoupdate for the application itself, so if you want to stay on Eden you can without having to do anything.
See Frodo FAQ (wiki)
Another consideration is that sometimes add-ons break due to external changes, and the authors of these add-ons may only fix them for the current XBMC version. So, if you're using an old version of XBMC with the correspondingly old version of these add-ons, they will remain broken for you since you can't avail yourself of the fixed version running on the newer XBMC version.
(2013-01-13, 02:29)PatK Wrote: No you're not obligated to move into Frodo. Would ask why Eden has you enamoured and what you think you'll lose.

The add-ons In the settings menu first level; menu slide-out on the left should have a toggle for auto updates and notifications.

I have Eden running smoothly on my big screen; downloaded RC3 of Frodo on a laptop, (just to see) and it wants to mark most of my addons as "broken"Huh I'm very new to this and don't quite understand (patience please).
(2013-01-13, 09:18)artrafael Wrote: Another consideration is that sometimes add-ons break due to external changes, and the authors of these add-ons may only fix them for the current XBMC version. So, if you're using an old version of XBMC with the correspondingly old version of these add-ons, they will remain broken for you since you can't avail yourself of the fixed version running on the newer XBMC version.

Thank you. I truly appreciate the info.
(2013-01-13, 09:15)Ned Scott Wrote: See Frodo FAQ (wiki)

Thx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden/Frodo0