remapping keys for HTTP control
Env (though shouldn't matter for this issue): Raspberry Pi, Openelec 2.99.1, Official XBMC Remote iOS (latest).

I've been through the keymap sections of the wiki and downloaded the default keyboard.xml file into userdata however I can't figure out how to remap keys through the HTTP control interface. I've been successful remapping normal keyboard input, but not HTTP input.

I use Official XBMC Remote for iOS (awesome btw) and during video playback I want to enable the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT keys on the Official XBMC Remote (via HTTP) to do the same thing as a normal keyboard press. (Skip forward 30sec, skip forward 10min, back, etc)

I know tapping the ">>" key will do the 30 sec skip forward or backwards, but it's a tiny key and the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT keys are huge. How can I map this functionality to these keys?

Please, before you point me at keyboard.xml, the Official XBMC Remote software uses the HTTP interface to control XBMC, so I don't think it defaults the keyboard.xml, at least everything I've tried using keyboard.xml so far hasn't worked.

The relevant section of keyboard.xml I'm trying to map to the HTTP UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT keys is :

Code:
<keymap>
   <FullscreenVideo>
       <left>StepBack</left>
       <right>StepForward</right>
       <up>BigStepForward</up>
       <down>BigStepBack</down>
   </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

(2013-01-13, 02:13)nrk666 Wrote: Please, before you point me at keyboard.xml, the Official XBMC Remote software uses the HTTP interface to control XBMC, so I don't think it defaults the keyboard.xml, at least everything I've tried using keyboard.xml so far hasn't worked.

Yep, these remote control applications do their own thing as far as sending commands and actions to XBMC; they don't use keyboard.xml. If you want to change the behavior of the "buttons" on the virtual remote control GUI, you need to ask in the appropriate thread for the particular remote control application in the Supplementary Tools for XBMC forum.

Ugh, thanks anyway mate. I was hoping it was as easy as keyboard.xml, just named "wackyremotes.xml" or something. I do wonder if checking "Remote control sends keyboard presses" would fix the issue or just cause more problems.

Thanks for the point in the right direction.
(2013-01-13, 21:54)nrk666 Wrote: I do wonder if checking "Remote control sends keyboard presses" would fix the issue or just cause more problems.

That setting is used to determine how the cursor movement keys behave on the XBMC virtual keyboard that is displayed when you need to enter some text (e.g., for search, when setting up a new source, etc.): http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...ut_devices

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remapping keys for HTTP control0