Android Context menu with air mouse
I have XBMC (frodo, RC2) installed on a MK808. Everything works great except one thing, I am not able to show the contextmenu when using an air mouse. The ui responds when pressing the right button but always with "back" no matter where the pointer is.

Is there a work around for this behaviour or is it possible to configure the system to show the context menu when "longpress" instead?
by default on all android devices that mouse button equals back so the xbmc delvelopers would have to change that and then it would mess every one else up im gotten used to the only way to open context menu in android xbmc with keyboard and mouse is by highlighting something and hitting c on the keyboard part. i have a full sized keyboard and a wireless mouse and this is what i have to do let me know if c works im getting a fly mouse soon
You should be able to change it using the mouse.xml keymap (wiki).
(2013-01-14, 02:44)Ned Scott Wrote: You should be able to change it using the mouse.xml keymap (wiki).

I will try that but I am not sure that XBMC can see the "right button". The ability to handle the right mouse button was added to Android at API level 14+ (Android 4.X and above). Before that, all button clicks are treated as the same. Which API level is XBMC for android built for?
I added a mouse.xml in the userdata/keymaps directory but that did not change the behaviour.

I also tried changing the left button behaviour just so check that the xml had any effect but that did not work either. Do I have to do something special in order for XBMC to reparse the xml files?

I did a testfile that should go to home on any mouse button:

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<leftclick>home</leftclick>
<middleclick>home</middleclick>
<rightclick>home</rightclick>
<doubleclick>doubleclick</doubleclick>
<wheeldown>wheeldown</wheeldown>
<wheelup>wheelup</wheelup>
<mousedrag>mousedrag</mousedrag>
<mousemove>mousemove</mousemove>
</mouse>
</global>
</keymap>

But adding this file to keymamps folder did nothing to any mouse button. Why? What am I doing wrong?

The best solution would be to add the "longpress" action so a longpress would open the context menu. Would that be possible?
(2013-01-13, 23:54)aenoch Wrote: by default on all android devices that mouse button equals back so the xbmc delvelopers would have to change that and then it would mess every one else up im gotten used to the only way to open context menu in android xbmc with keyboard and mouse is by highlighting something and hitting c on the keyboard part. i have a full sized keyboard and a wireless mouse and this is what i have to do let me know if c works im getting a fly mouse soon
Perfect!
I have devised a solution for this problem:
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...post159615
Which problem is that?
If not mistaken, right-clicking on an item brings the context menu, right-clicking NOT on an item does Back.
In android right click always goes back.
Right-click works fine in my OUYA which is Android . So probably HW Specific problem?
It used to always go "back", but it has long since been fixed in nightly builds and a few special/unofficial Android builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Context menu with air mouse0