What skins are people using??
Using Eminence here
reFred
Amber works really great on my 1000 clocked Pi. Reminds me of Aeon Nox without the weight!!
SiO2-X on my raspberry pi. Runs smooth and looks great.
ReFocus Light is almost perfect for a TV interface. Runs pretty great
eminence runs well on the raspberry pi. You could also take the media folder from any skin and put them in a png optimizer and you`ll gain a bit more performance. Another gain, But i need confirmation on this, Is to use .xbt instead of the individual files.
(2014-08-12, 16:55)stuCONNERS Wrote: Another gain, But i need confirmation on this, Is to use .xbt instead of the individual files.

Yes, I believe that makes quite a big difference. The gui icons are all available in a small number of atlased textures, rather than dozens/hundreds of separate ones.
All offical skins from the xbmc repo should have the .xbt file. If you install a unreleased skin from git it probably won't have the .xbt file.

Also check the log for warnings about progressive jpegs from the skin. They don't get hardware decoded and make the skin very sluggish.
Neon is unusable because of this (I tried to flag it up, but got no response).
Any perspective on what is the best-running / fastest, which is compatible with Helix. I have been using Amber, but there are still too many incompatibilities with Helix. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2014-08-23, 05:28)steve1977 Wrote: Any perspective on what is the best-running / fastest, which is compatible with Helix. I have been using Amber, but there are still too many incompatibilities with Helix. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Conq (Helix version of course), if you ask me.
It´s a very simple skin though (which I like), so if customization and many different views and layouts is what you look for, perhaps Conq is not for you.
I am not a big fan of bright and colourful backgrounds though so personally I use a simple grey (dark) background.

Another one is Emminence which seems to run fine on Helix.
Depending on settings it can be light and fast, but if you use a lot of extra addon functions and "heavy" views it can be slower.

If you want to be (close to) 100% "safe" there is only Confluence.
Both looking very nice. Let me look into them. Few questions:

1) Do Conq and Eminence have Helix versions in the official repo?

2) Do they allow to add a custom menu in the main menu. I don't require a lot of customization, but need the "3D movie" menu as part of the main menu (done by a smart playlist)?

3) Do both skins have the "3D button" in the menu that pops up when playing a movie? This button allows changing 3D options. Amber does not have this button, so checking whether the skinners of Conq and Eminence have thought of this?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
1) Conq does. But Emminence is still WIP and I honestly don´t know if it is optimized (or even programmed) for Helix, but it seems to work fine.

2) Yes on both.

3) No, but you still have all those options under the Video settings (OSD).
Thanks. Pity that it misses the 3D button. As you can see from my other post, I am really struggling with getting the 3D trigger to work properly and the button is quite helpful.

In the meantime, I have installed Conq. It is absolutely brilliant and even with fanart much much faster than Confluence. I am quite impressed. I did not find the option to customize the main menu. Where did you see it?

If main menu customization, I am only missing the OSD 3D button and ideally would also love to have a 3D/HS/SD flag next to each movie name. I have posted in the Conq forum to see whether hitcher likes to include this.
(2014-08-24, 12:57)steve1977 Wrote: I did not find the option to customize the main menu. Where did you see it?

Settings - Appearance - Skin - Settings - Home - Customise Home Menu
You can add, rearrange and delete whatever shortcut you want and also add a widget to it.
Aeon Nox 5 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183504
Works really great with 950 rasp and OE Gotham....
(2014-08-26, 10:33)SSC_Jarod Wrote: Aeon Nox 5 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183504
Works really great with 950 rasp and OE Gotham....

That's what I'm currently using. With overclock it runs very well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What skins are people using??0