Caching of Video Files in RC3
Hi,

since I upgraded to RC3, I've got some problems when playing videos. The problem is, that the playback often stops for reloading.

The video files are stored on a NAS which is connected via PowerLAN to my HTPC with XBMC running on it. The point is, that the setup hasn't changed in any kind and before upgrading, I did not have any of theses issues.

I have uploaded a logfile, in which the playback stopped and reloading started. The message at that time seems to be:
Code:
CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

Whole logfile: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1529391/

Is this a bug in RC3, did the caching change in Frodo in some way unfavorable for my kind of transmission or is there something, I can do about my settings?
Few questions:

1) This file is an MKV - can you try a different container type? (AVI for instance, and preferably with a low bit rate)
2) This is an SMB based file, can you try a local file (copy that one locally, and also the AVI test from point 1)
3) Can you run top and see if CPU is spiking unusually?
4) Are you using a CEC device?
1) -> Already did this. Didn't have any problems with AVI-Files with low bitrate. But like I wrote, the same setup worked without problems before the upgrade.
2) -> Have to do that later, but my guess would be, that this won't cause any problems. But I'll try that.
3) -> Didn't use top, but the debug-mode and there weren't any real spikes in the moment of reloading. Only the higher CPU-load related to the GUI-change when changing into "Paused"-mode for caching.
4) -> Yes, PulseEight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Caching of Video Files in RC30