Android Volume management issue
Something is not quite right in the way we manage volume.

XBMC forces the "media" volume on startup to his own, remembered value and leave it like that (+/- adjustments during the session) on exit.
This is somewhat problematic as the "media" volume also controls notifications. I often happen to watch videos muted, but then, on exit, my device is muted system-wise, including notifications.

I see 2 ways of solving this:
1) Ignore XBMC remembered value, get system volume on startup and go on as today
2) Restore initial system volume on exit/lost focus.

IMO, 1) is more android-like but you might still not want your notif volume to be the same as your video playing one.
2), unless mistaken, would be closer to what happen on other XBMC platforms (although it might be awkward to handle due to multitasking).

I vote for 2)
2 might be closer - but its a problem when xbmc crashes for example. On iOS on ATV2 we disable system suspend and Screensaver. Both get restored on a clean shutdown of XBMC - but when it crashes those 2 things are left disabled of course. Its just something to keep in mind (though the complaints about those special cases are nearly zero these days - but people disliked it when we started that way ...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume management issue0