Blu-Ray Rips for XBMC?
Hey guys just built my first xbmc machine:

Win 8 Pro x64
XBMC (Eden Release)

This will probably be the first of least a few questions Smile

What is the best way to rip your blu-rays for XBMC? I used MakeMKV for advengers. I have it stored on a file server. I added the folder that contains the movie to my xbmc library. While it did pick up some movies it never picked up advengers. Now i can browse to the mkv file through xbmc and play it but i want everything to show in movies without me having to manually have to go play the files.

The next thing i noticed is that i didn't get TrueHD or DTS-HD. I just got DTS. I tried to change the audio settings without luck. I have the machine connected to my receiver by an HDMI cable to my ATI 5670.

Before i get asked i am sure the receiver is True-HD & DTS-HD capable. I have a normal Blu-Ray player connected and it works just fine. I have the latest drivers

Thanks,
Ncage
You need to be running a Frodo build for HD audio capability.
In the MakeMKV program you can select or deselect which audio streams are ripped, along with subtitles. You can only select ones that are present on the disc, so if the type you want is not already encoded, MakeMKV won't be able to change it for you, at least not as far as I know.

It may be your naming convention for The Avengers.

On my storage drive I have it labeled as "The Avengers 2012" and "themoviedb" scraper I am using picks it up just fine.
The advengers will never get scraped properly as you have spelled it wrong (assuming you mean the avengers).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks everyone for the helpful replies. It guess it didn't dawn on me that xbmc was sensitive to naming but now i think about it makes sense. For some reason i thought it was pulling some type of meta-data type information off the video to figure out which movie it was but i can see that would probably be impossible. I see the naming that six_shooter used worked but is there any best practices for naming for both Movies / TV? Are most of you running Eden or Frodo. I generally don't run Alpha,Beta, Or RC stuff but if its stable and since in RC why not.

I'll have to see what i named it when i get home tonight. I could definitely have misspelled it. With Blu-Ray rips do you guys generally recommend just doing a 1/1 blu-ray rip with something like Any-DVD or doing a MKV rip like i did? I wanted the highest audio/video quality so i didn't transcode it with Handbrake.
Naming format is covered well in the wiki but each movie in it's own folder. Folder name The Avengers (2012)/The Avengers (2012).bluray.mkv

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
A specific note about the Avengers Blu-Ray. In Australia, the forced english subtitles track (used with scene in Russion) is not actually marked as a forced track, so if you tell MakeMKV to only take the forced subtitles you won't get them.

IIRC it was the third english subtitle track. The way I handled it was to extract, then use mkvmerge to set the subtitle track as forced.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-Ray Rips for XBMC?0