No automatic scrapping, forced to do it manually
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up my movie library with a new install of XBMC on my mac. I add my source under videos and it successfully connects and shows all of my files. However when I set the content to Movies and pick the The Movie Database as the scraper it quickly says "compressing database" and then disappears. None of the videos are added to the library. But if I go to each file individually and press "I" it gets the information for it and puts it into the library. So I could go through each file pushing "I" but I have a lot of movies and it could take awhile... Here is my log file:

Code:
21:27:39 T:4617670656  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
21:27:39 T:4617670656   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc
21:27:39 T:4617670656   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanStarted
21:27:39 T:4617670656 WARNING: Process directory 'sftp://[username][password]@[myserver:port]//home/[user]/Videos/Movies/' does not exist - skipping scan.
21:27:39 T:4631064576   DEBUG: CZeroconfOSX::doPublishService identifier: servers.eventserver type: _xbmc-events._udp name:XBMC (wireless-128-62-27-170.addresshere) port:somenumber
21:27:39 T:4617670656 WARNING: Process directory 'sftp://[username][password]%40%24%24@[myserver:port]//home/[user]/Videos/Movies/' does not exist - skipping scan.
21:27:39 T:4617670656  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
21:27:39 T:4617670656   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanFinished from xbmc
21:27:39 T:4617670656   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanFinished

I have a suspicion that it may be the fact that my source uses the ssh/sftp protocol. This line is kind of weird:

Code:
21:27:39 T:4617670656 WARNING: Process directory 'sftp://[username][password]@[myserver:port]//home/[user]/Videos/Movies/' does not exist - skipping scan.

I don't know why it says "does not exist" when clearly it does since i can browse to that directory in xbmc and even play the movies in it. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
bump
If you have it set to update library at startup, maybe your share isn't available/accessible yet, so it displays that "does not exist" message? However, later on it becomes available, and when you do the manual scan, it has no problem accessing the files?
Hmm that is a good thought. However, when I push the c key and click update library it just says compressing databases and then closes. But yes when I go through each file one by one pushing the I key it updates it. Thank you for the reply!
You shouldn't have to scan each filie individually. When you open the context menu ("c") on your main movie folder, instead of selecting "Update library", try selecting "Scan for new content" and see if that makes any difference.
I tried that too, neither of them are working properly. I even tested it on a different computer and the same thing happens.
On your top-level movies folder, open the context menu, select "Change content" and, on the "Set content" page, be sure the option "Scan recursively" is enabled.
I have scan recursively enabled. This is just the strangest thing
Have you found a solution to this problem? I have the same problem Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No automatic scrapping, forced to do it manually0