issue with pseudotv in aeon nox 4.0
I finally decided to try 4.0 and for the most part I think it's great. However I noticed an issue with PseudoTv. To do the comparison I used the same files, but as you can see the results are extremely different between 3.6 and 4.0 (Also I did the same tests using Confluence as a control to make sure that the issue wasn't in PsuedoTv's code. For what it's worth, the same problems don't seem to occur in Confluence.)

Ok so this is an example of Harry Potter playing in PseudoTv on Aeon Nox 3.6...Notice the info display at the top, both the title and the info fit perfectly. Also notice the size and placement of the logo in the bottom right corner. Everything looks great and exactly as it should.

AEON NOX 3.6

Now here is an example of Star Trek in PseudoTV on Aeon Nox 4.0...Notice how the info overlaps the title and seems to get caught off half way across the top. Also notice how much smaller the logo is in the bottom right corner.

AEON NOX 4.0

I assume there has to be an issue in the code for PseudoTV in Aeon Nox 4.0 Hopefully you guys can take a look at this, because in every other way this new version of Aeon Nox is phenomenal. Thanks for all the hard work, and obviously any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have noticed the same problem as ARYEZ. Is there a solution? Is it Aeon's or pseudotv's problem?
While I don't personally use PseudoTV and can't confirm if the following works or not.

Someone posted a potential solution on the main release thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1331391
The discussion takes places from pages 80 - 83ish (early 80's) on the thread if you guys are interested. Big_Noid (one of the skin developers) said that the problem occurred when Aeon Nox transitioned to a different skin resolution (from 720p to 1080i)
or you could just turn it off all together and navigate using the EPG
Thanks Slushy and a big thanks to thatkookooguy. I quote his post below for future reference.
(2013-02-10, 22:49)thatkookooguy Wrote: Well.... I'm kinda new at this so I guess I did a lot of things wrong (A LOOOOTTT) but the main point is I didn't like the default "Now Playing" overlay of PseudoTV on Aeon Nox... which is a shame since it's my favorite skin! (all the other skins have such a beautiful functional overlay and Aeon Nox have only this thing (-___-) :

Well.... I know mine isn't great..... but it's better (to my opinion at least). I couldn't find a way to enable details scroll up (only found documentation on how to scroll from right to left) and I guess I could have made it that the SXXEXX line on movies not only disappears, but the movie description will take up that place as well (group item I guess?).

This is how it looks like:

If anyone wants to use it be my guest! All you need to do is:
1. go to .../XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i
2. rename script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml to script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.BAK
(I don't want to be responsible for any broken things... keep a backup!)
3. copy the given file to the same directory
4. viola!

If anyone wants to help improve this... be my guest :-)

download file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?67m48mhrxexth6d
Below is my screenshot using thatkookooguy's file. It doesnt' look the same as above but hey it works. Info is not cut off and the channel logos are bigger.
That's the default overlay not thatkookooguys file. You've gone wrong somewhere. Still it's the one I use instead of the Nox overlay.
Hmmm I dowloaded the file in thatkookguys link and followed his instructions. Strange I thought the default overlay was messed up as shown in the first post by ARYEZ. Now I am confused as to what is the default overlay in Aeon Nox 4.x.x
(2013-02-23, 11:42)prawnee Wrote: That's the default overlay not thatkookooguys file. You've gone wrong somewhere. Still it's the one I use instead of the Nox overlay.

Can you explain how to get the default overlay working in Nox? It looks quite nice.
(2013-02-27, 11:48)jonneh Wrote:
(2013-02-23, 11:42)prawnee Wrote: That's the default overlay not thatkookooguys file. You've gone wrong somewhere. Still it's the one I use instead of the Nox overlay.

Can you explain how to get the default overlay working in Nox? It looks quite nice.

Go into the XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i directory and delete or rename all of the "Script.pseudotv.." files.

The next time you launch PTV - it will use the default files - which are stored in the PTV directory.
(2013-02-26, 19:34)NahsiN Wrote: Hmmm I dowloaded the file in thatkookguys link and followed his instructions. Strange I thought the default overlay was messed up as shown in the first post by ARYEZ. Now I am confused as to what is the default overlay in Aeon Nox 4.x.x

The file that I downloaded from thatkookguy did not have the .xml extension on it (I guess it got truncated somehow). Just add .xml to the filename and it should work perfectly. Anyway, thanks a lot thatkookguy.
(2013-02-27, 12:04)Doctor3D Wrote:
(2013-02-27, 11:48)jonneh Wrote:

Go into the XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i directory and delete or rename all of the "Script.pseudotv.." files.

The next time you launch PTV - it will use the default files - which are stored in the PTV directory.

Thanks! Just one more minor thing: did you hide the channel number that shows up in the top left? What do I have to edit to remove that? Thanks again Big Grin
(2013-03-01, 06:50)jonneh Wrote:
(2013-02-27, 12:04)Doctor3D Wrote:
(2013-02-27, 11:48)jonneh Wrote: Can you explain how to get the default overlay working in Nox? It looks quite nice.

Thanks! Just one more minor thing: did you hide the channel number that shows up in the top left? What do I have to edit to remove that? Thanks again Big Grin

No, I haven't hidden that. I had a quick look and it doesn't appear you can disable that via skin files. That appears to be something you'd have to do in the source.
Has anyone figured out how to make the channel logos in the bottom right hand of the screen bigger on Aeon Nox 4? I have replaced the script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml as instructed and my info screen looks like it does on thatkookooguys pic, but my channel logos are still really small.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
issue with pseudotv in aeon nox 4.01