Information on setup environment
Hello all, i am in front of an existential question what and how for a better good!

i have 2 htpc at different places, one is running win7 windows media center the other one windows 8 media center

in both case its working okay slower in win7mce due to hardware http://www.asus.com/Eee/EeeBox_PC/EeeBox_PC_EB1012P/ and faster on http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Vision3D...p?c=Models but still windows 8...

reason why i have been using these:
1- VPN configuration living in Norway to access Hulu
2- Dreambox for satellite with cccam easy to integrate within MCE.
3- I download a lot from asian sites but usually files are in rmvb format which is well supported in MCE

I have been using a little xbmc specially the rc3 nightly builds and i like it a lot, the previous version supported badly RMVB formats(lots of stutering) but now its better.

So basically my question is:

Can i, if i install xbmcubuntu:

-1 "easilly" enjoy the use of VPN and if so how to enter a shell to configure this

-2 I have just purchased a usb dvb s2 as my dreambox is getting close to life, from what i have been reading there are great chances tht the usb dvb-s2 will be recognized by xbmxubuntu but then how can i configure a plugin or patch to install CCCAM support?

i havent explored much yet of xbmcubuntu rather than from a stick, so i dont know if they are any shell options.

I have also read something about openlec but from my understanding this option might a bit "limited" if i need to configure my system a bit more specifically?

Any input is well appreciated.

Cheers
(2013-01-14, 11:03)richardfv Wrote: -1 "easilly" enjoy the use of VPN and if so how to enter a shell to configure this

You can't configure a VPN in XBMC directly. XBMCbuntu is based on Ubuntu which means it is totally doable, you just have to find a guide for the VPN protocol you're using.

(2013-01-14, 11:03)richardfv Wrote: -2 I have just purchased a usb dvb s2 as my dreambox is getting close to life, from what i have been reading there are great chances tht the usb dvb-s2 will be recognized by xbmxubuntu but then how can i configure a plugin or patch to install CCCAM support?

I think tvheadend supports CCCAM one way or another.

(2013-01-14, 11:03)richardfv Wrote: i havent explored much yet of xbmcubuntu rather than from a stick, so i dont know if they are any shell options.

I have also read something about openlec but from my understanding this option might a bit "limited" if i need to configure my system a bit more specifically?

XBMCbuntu is way more configurable than OpenELEC (AFAIK). You get a standard shell just like almost every other Linux distribution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Information on setup environment0