Win Who here can claim they have a great XBMC PVR setup???
I just scanned this entire thread and found a bunch of people unhappy with the with the backends except one... wmc. I use WMC + the free Remote Potato web app (for scheduling) and use XBMC for playback... everything is 100% flawless. WMC is now a true backend - I never use the WMC interface (which is actually nice and smooth too)

Instead of messing with all the others if you want something that simply "just works" and work very well, use WMC for recordings (and Live TV) and use XBMC for all your playback.

done and no messing with the XBMC PVR integrations that seem more miss than hit.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2013-03-10, 04:25)Livin Wrote: I just scanned this entire thread and found a bunch of people unhappy with the with the backends except one... wmc. I use WMC + the free Remote Potato web app (for scheduling) and use XBMC for playback... everything is 100% flawless. WMC is now a true backend - I never use the WMC interface (which is actually nice and smooth too)

Instead of messing with all the others if you want something that simply "just works" and work very well, use WMC for recordings (and Live TV) and use XBMC for all your playback.

done and no messing with the XBMC PVR integrations that seem more miss than hit.

You mean, this? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139748&page=12

I read through that thread and it's a bit confusing. I see someone has been working on an MCE plugin for quite some time, but it doesn't seem to be available yet. So what are the limitations with WMC as a backend today? Can you schedule recordings and watch live TV all within XBMC? Can you watch recordings that are in progress? Thanks!

I think most of the people on this thread who mentioned WMC are talking about how good it is outside of XBMC, but I'm unclear on what it can actually do in combination with XBMC.
(2013-03-10, 04:25)Livin Wrote: I just scanned this entire thread and found a bunch of people unhappy with the with the backends except one... wmc. I use WMC + the free Remote Potato web app (for scheduling) and use XBMC for playback... everything is 100% flawless. WMC is now a true backend - I never use the WMC interface (which is actually nice and smooth too)

well don't just brag about it tell us how your set-up is configured. I agree with:

(2013-03-10, 14:13)awp0 Wrote:
(2013-03-10, 04:25)Livin Wrote: ///

You mean, this? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139748&page=12

I read through that thread and it's a bit confusing. I see someone has been working on an MCE plugin for quite some time, but it doesn't seem to be available yet. So what are the limitations with WMC as a backend today? Can you schedule recordings and watch live TV all within XBMC? Can you watch recordings that are in progress? Thanks!

I think most of the people on this thread who mentioned WMC are talking about how good it is outside of XBMC, but I'm unclear on what it can actually do in combination with XBMC.

I've followed the Krustyreturns topic for quite a while now an got confused myself. But here:
(2013-02-20, 15:11)FIBO Wrote: I still wonder what I should install to watch TV on XBMC using WMC as backend?

This whole discussion became quite a blur to me. After some posts early february I thought a plugin, scrip or add-on was develloped or going to be develloped enabeling watching live TV within XBMC. And it would work like watching TV with WMC. In the last few posts I only read about watching recorded shows and setting recording timers.

Will there be or is there a add-on or script I can install to watch live TV within XBMC without running WMC itself/parallel. Just making use of the same background progamms WMC does?

Can I make a button in the main menu to start live TV, maybe with sub-buttons like EPG, Recordings, Set recording?

(2013-02-21, 02:23)krustyreturns Wrote: [quote='FIBO' pid='1342715' dateline='1361365890']
Will there be or is there a add-on or script I can install to watch live TV within XBMC without running WMC itself/parallel. Just making use of the same background progamms WMC does?

does he confirm my conclusion that it's not 'ready' yet.

So if anyone claims to have a working set-up with WMC as backend I would like to ask you to explain and maybe Krustyreturns can use some of your solutions....?

why is my 19:57 empty?
(2013-02-03, 20:02)XBMCUser4657 Wrote: ArgusTV also ships with a Guide Enricher which I would recommend installing.

really interested in this guide enricher, is it on the argus site ?
(2013-03-12, 20:37)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 20:02)XBMCUser4657 Wrote: ArgusTV also ships with a Guide Enricher which I would recommend installing.

I'm using https://code.google.com/p/xmltvdb/ to enrich my xmltv before loading into Argus mainly because it had issues with the Guide Enricher service crashing then not actually noticing for days.
(2013-03-12, 21:59)jeffski10 Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 20:37)sparklyballs Wrote:

I'm using https://code.google.com/p/xmltvdb/ to enrich my xmltv before loading into Argus mainly because it had issues with the Guide Enricher service crashing then not actually noticing for days.

sounds good, i'll look into it.

i'm just in the process of putting everything back on my bootcamped mac after a try with linux was abandoned because of apple's choice of ethernet card was not supported by ubuntu at this time.

i generate xlmtv files at the moment using epg collector that will be running off a scheduled task, if i can add in a command to run this straight after will be good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Who here can claim they have a great XBMC PVR setup???0