XBMC trying to use pulseaudio when not installed
Hello all

Frustrating times here. Much of my audio is not playing. I have no pulseaudio installed on the system, but xbmc is quoting "Pulseaudio failed to create context" in the log

I'm not getting any gui error messages - just what shows in the log. No audio on stereo mp3s or video addo-on streaming material.

Machine is a Z-box id41 connected via hdmi.

Running Eden on 12.04.

I am getting sound on surround material and my audio settings are both custom plughw:1,7

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them

Thanks

debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-01-15, 08:44)nickr Wrote: debug log (wiki)

Here it is

http://pastebin.com/HeekACi6

as you can see I can get sound on 5.1 recordings from my mythtv install, but nothing happens with mp3 playback or streaming.

Thanks for the help
@jonnybignote:
sudo apt-get remove --purge libasound2-plugins libasound2-plugins:i386

Those plugins add a "pulse" device, which is searching for the pulseaudio daemon. Those must be uninstalled, when you completely want to wipe pulse. After a reboot this message should be gone.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for that - I still got no audio though - not until I eventually got it working with the following

Audio output to

hdmi:CARD=NVidia, DEV=1

and passthrough to

custom
plughw:1,7

Found this very confusing, as previously, the plughw:1,7 would work for both fields...

Obviously, I get no menu sounds...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC trying to use pulseaudio when not installed0