Solved Crash on next music track
(2013-02-11, 00:50)fritsch Wrote: @Quaith. It does a little bit of crossfading right? though have disabled it?

Try to set the audiophile mode in advancedsettings.xml that will probably stop it from doing so.

Yes, i do have crossfading disabled. There is no fade in/out effect though. The next song just starts playing about 5 seconds too early.

Setting audiophile in my advancedsettings unfortunatly doesn't resolve this.
(2013-02-04, 17:30)curentat Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 02:30)Quaith Wrote: Enabling crossfading does help! I've set it to 1 second (I can't go lower than that) and now XBMC doesn't crash anymore now. However something I forgot to mention that's maybe related to the issue is that audio seems to lag quite often. It only happens when I'm listening to music though, movies and tv shows work perfrectly. About every 15-30 seconds there's a small stutter that lasts like a millisecond. Also when the next track starts to play with crossfading enabled there's crackling noise that last for a second.

I unfortunatly already have libmad installed on my system Sad

got the exact same issue with stuttering on my ION system running frodo on ubuntu 10.04
also noticed that CPU load it pretty high on mp3 playback, even with visualisation turned off, had no issues with eden

I have this problem aswell, and it has been going on for a while now (even with latest git pulls)
The only thing I find that works is to reboot my whole system.
This works for a while but after a few hours the problem comes back.

I should also say I am running the xvba version so I can properly use hardware decoding on my system.
Logfile please - the xvba version does not include the above patch for now. As xvba is pulled from fernetmenta and he did not yet rebase.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
You can cherry pick though, if you compile from source:

Code:
git remote add xbmc-upstream https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
git fetch xbmc-upstream
git cherry-pick 794a7ce04beb46962fd95ff9a020791a4f55e398

use the hash id not the link of course.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-02-11, 13:07)fritsch Wrote: Logfile please - the xvba version does not include the above patch for now. As xvba is pulled from fernetmenta and he did not yet rebase.

The stuttering isn't fixed for me with that patch. I'm assuming that it is unrelated to the crashing and crossfading issue.
@fritsch
Thx for your efforts to fix it.
I experience same set of problems.
Currently using ALSA only (git builds with pulse disabled)
Songs are playing OK for a while and then all of the sudden it gets stuck and not able to play next one.
If I skip to next song it starts playing again. Pressing stop now hangs whole xbmc (it freees and not responding to anything)
After XBMC restart i don't get 5.1 sound any more Smile
PC restart fixes everything.

I have to use cross fade with 1 sec (less problems with next song not playing)
I play mostly high res and multichannel FLACs.
They tend to skip a lot too (0.5 - 1sec)

Back 3-4 moths ago everything was playing perfect.
Not sure how that issue passed under the radar to "stable" 12.0 release.

thx for help
Logfile please - and "current git" != version 12.0 frodo.
(2013-02-15, 14:40)fritsch Wrote: Logfile please - and "current git" != version 12.0 frodo.

Log file
http://pastebin.com/HyvhXjxz

Fresh start.
Start playing music.
3 tracks went fine (Away In a Manger.flac is the last one)
Screen gets stuck at start of 4th song (No progress , no music)

I press STOP.
XBMC becomes unresponsive and hang on same screen.
CPU usage ~20%
kill -9

--
No issues on HiREs music from DVD or BD (DTS-MA plays fine)
But these utilze DVDPlayer through VIDEOS (.iso , .m2ts)

gt520 -> HDMI -> receiver

Let me know if there is something I can do.

thx
plz update to the latest version, you are missing the last 3 AE patches.
(2013-02-16, 11:24)wsnipex Wrote: plz update to the latest version, you are missing the last 3 AE patches.

Ok , recompiled tonight 20130217
So far no issues. Tracks skips to next one correctly (flacs,mp3)

What is still not working is skipping tracks with multichannel wav and dts files.
I tried two files. After each file xbmc moves to next song and sits still at 0:00.
Press stop and tried next song. Same behavior.

http://pastebin.com/tKE0QGU6

thx
I am experiencing same issues as uomiarz
(2013-03-22, 17:00)mattchapman Wrote: I am experiencing same issues as uomiarz

Did you try the new XBMC 12.1 ?
More information will be usefull (xbcm versio, debug log, hardware for sound)

I will try over the weekend and report back.
I just upgraded to 12.1 (Windows) and still same problem.
I play an album of mp3. First song plays OK, then at the second song the GUI shows the track information and it the CD is spinning like everything is playing but it's not. When I stop the song then XBMC freezes.
I'm using HDMI audio out to my Onkyo TX-SR604.

I will try to get a Debug log.
(2013-03-22, 18:16)mattchapman Wrote: I just upgraded to 12.1 (Windows) and still same problem.
I play an album of mp3. First song plays OK, then at the second song the GUI shows the track information and it the CD is spinning like everything is playing but it's not. When I stop the song then XBMC freezes.
I'm using HDMI audio out to my Onkyo TX-SR604.

I will try to get a Debug log.

Last thing to try is to move/rename your current xbmc setup folder and try to run xbmc fresh.

At some point between 12 and 12.1 this problem was fixed (i am compiling from source every 5-6 days)
Seems like it came back.
Also it is not OS specific (I run Ubuntu)

Worst case scenario you have to setup 1 sec cross/fade between songs and than it was working OK.
13.0-ALPHA2 Git:20130330
Ubuntu 12.04.2
GT 520 -> HDMI -> Receiver

Same issue is still killing my music experience Smile
XBMC plays first song and than switch to the next one but get stuck at the beginning (no playback)
Upon pressing Stop XBMC freezes and requires kill -9.

Log file
http://pastebin.com/qM00By6p

Thx

--
PS.
This is tested on my Ubuntu install but last night I tried XBMCbuntu.
Installed on separate partition and updated to 12.1.
Same behavior.
What's odd is that sometimes it works properly and sometimes it does not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on next music track1