Solved Crash on next music track
Try to disable visualizations, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi
:folow up
Ok my previous setup was SB sound card to Logitech speakers, cross fade works fine..I just got a new AVR set up with hdmi to receiver then out to tv, now I get the lock up after the first song with cross fade on Smile so this issue has something to do with hdmi sound output (video card) hdmi and or the receiver maybe even the type of hdmi cable.....
Im running a Nvidia 520GT to a pioneer avr using a cheap ass hdmi cable...not asking for help just putting this here in the hope that we might be able to find the culprit Smile
also on my system I can set the cross fade to 0 (cirrus extended v2 skin) no idea if this is skin related(cant find the the param in any of the skin xml files) but you can try and edit the/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml file and change the <crossfade></crossfade> to 0
Actually turning off visualisation helped Smile
I can't reproduce the problem but... Smile

1) Because of "inactivity" xbmc turns screen off (after 5 min) and than suspends(after 10 minutes) - this is intentional - wife and kid can't learn to turn off computer
2) Missing coverart visualization and projectM Smile

If I can test any patches let me know.
I revetred back to 12.1.

thx
So set it to 20 minutes and retry :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I compiled 12.2 Pre for testing - same bug still exist.

Steps to reproduce:

Start XBMC.
Pick folder with music files (in my case .flac type)
Start playing first song.
Set visualtization to full screen.
When first song is over player switches to second song but it stops at 00:00.
Press stop on remote and xbmc hangs (no response)

http://pastebin.com/gr0c1pen

Nvidia GT520 HDMI -> Receiver -> TV
And without visualization?

If you manually move the mouse so the screensaver does not come into action?
With visualization turned off everything works fine.
With vizualtization not full screen it also seems to works ok.1 or 2 songs will play fine (visualzation in background) but the moment it kicks full screen next song is getting stuck again.

I do know how to turn it off but its not the point Smile
I wanted to confirm the bug with 12.2 pre (hoping that it would be fixed)
I never reported a bug on a bug tracker so I was wondering if this is known problem or its more of a problem with my hardware/software combo.
Should I report it somewhere?
Okay this is what I wanted to find out :-)

Cause AE is my department und i am the oppinion that I have fixed that bug for both PA and Alsa some weeks ago. But never the less, vizualization seems to be important :-)
DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - Waveform <- can you choose another one? just for fun?
"Visualizations seems to be important?" You are kidding right? Smile
Look at this http://tinyurl.com/cb8a69n
On a top of cover wall you can have projectM blended.
XBMC for me was always about moving my music collection from CDs to hard drive.
What was so great about XBMC was fanart, library and visualization Smile

Back to topic now Smile
I tried ProjectM, waveform and rest of them. Normally I run visualization called cover wall from conflunence mod.
Problem is always the same.
I really appreciate your work on it, thx
So, i think i also have to use visualizations for this to test :-)

Btw. you talk of a crash - is there a crashlog in your home directory? Or is this more of a "hang"?
(2013-04-13, 20:42)fritsch Wrote: So, i think i also have to use visualizations for this to test :-)

Btw. you talk of a crash - is there a crashlog in your home directory? Or is this more of a "hang"?

Smile waveform minimum Smile

Its not a crash (no crash log)
its a hang.
Music stop playing.
Press stop on remote and XBMC hangs.
Keep pressing stop and it gets logged by XBMC but nothing happens (still hangs)
Other remote keys are not working.
Kill -9 XBMC and start it again fixes the problem
Hi
Im not sure if this is related.... but if I turn off my av receiver whilst xbmc is running it hangs, the only way to shut the system down is by the kill-9 or the pc power button.
(I can still ssh the system remotely).This is with eden so Im thinking it maybe an issue with the video card/driver and the TV loosing communication or something in that link. and as I said might not be related....Yes I get the hang on the 2nd song if crossfade is switched on ..Im just saying it may have nothing to do with AE
Eden does not have AE at all.
I didnt say it did Smile ...I was pointing out it may NOT be an AE issue as it happens in eden shhhhish Wink
Finally some good news Wink

XBMC 12.2 pre hangs on next track with visualization turned off completly.
So visualization is not a problem.
Log book shows some debug messages for alsa.
http://pastebin.com/ax8qixFw

thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on next music track1