Minix NEO-G4-108A $60
Newegg has the Minix NEO-G4-108A ARM Cortext A9 Dual Core Quad Core Mali 400 Graphics 1 x HDMI Dongle Pocket PC for $70 - $10 off with coupon code EMCNJJE55 [Exp 1/16] = $60 with free shipping.

ARM Cortext A9 Dual Core, 1GB DDR3 RAM, 8GB SSD
Quad Core Mali 400 Graphics, HDMI, USB 2.0, card reader

I have been eyeing some of the cheap android devices out there and this one looks like a decent deal. Is any one running xbmc on this guy?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...SID=292097
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
I'd just wait until hardware decoding is stable for XBMC on most devices. These kinds of deals are very common, so I wouldn't worry about missing this sale or not.
About 2 weeks ago i purchased this unit, and I must say i am not at all disappointed.

- I was pleasantly surprised when the neo G4 booted up without issue powered only by the Tv USB port, This allows me to tuck this mini box behind my wall mounted TV.
- The remote that comes with this device is useless unless you have a direct line of sight from the remote to the box. Thankfully I already own a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard that works perfectly just by inserting the dongle and powering up the device.
- I installed the XAF custom android XBMC which calls on MX Player to hardware decode 720p and 1080p video, the build located here. *MOD EDIT* LINK AND BANNED ADD-ON REFERENCES REMOVED*

- I decided I couldn't stand the bottom system bar always on taking up screen real estate and since I was using a keyboard there was no need for it to be there.. This required that I root the device. I decided to root without upgrading after reports of jellybean dropping performance scores.
To do this you need to connect the OTG port to a Computer usb port while leaving the video to your tv or monitor.
Enable USB debugging on the Neo G4
Install MoboRobo on your PC, and connect to the G4
Run SuperOneClick v2.3.3 to root the device.
- This process was so incredibly easy anyone can do it. (No manual commands through ADB like I am used to)

*Once rooted*
- you can run FULLSCREEN, available in the market for free to mostly hide the system bar and make XBMC run more fullscreen.
- I also installed Antutu CPU Master Free. (If I recall my settings are Performace, min ~1000, max 1600

After all of this I have a pretty decent Android computer on my big TV with XBMC.
The device runs warm, but not hot. I have had phones that run hotter, and the TV USB has obviously been sufficient to run it, even overclocked.

Hope this helps you.
Sorry, no links to HUB (they have no relation to us anyways) and no icefilms, 1channel, navi-X, etc discussion on XBMC.org
Sorry, i was unaware of the rules regarding those links.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix NEO-G4-108A $600