trying to setup Flirc; a couple of questions.
I have a question regarding keyboard.xml & remote.xml, neither show up in my setup Raspberry Pi(.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml or keyboard.xml) the directory is empty even thru I can ise a rf based keyboard, I am getting flirc and from what I know so far is that I need to edit keyboard.xml or remote.xml in order to use a remote with my Raspberry Pi with XBMC. I am also looking for some software to that will read ir remote codes either in apple lion or windows, so far I have found winlirc however it does not communicate with the built-in ir receiver in the computer (Mac book pro) even thru the laptop will respond to ir remote and the remotes that have been tested (Hauppauge, Tivo series 2, various Sony remotes also. Any ideas?
You don't need to have keyboard.xml or remote.xml unless you want to do some modification of keymapping. If you do, read the wiki.

Configure your Flirc using the Flirc GUI (Windows, Mac, Linux) and your remote. Plug your Flirc into the RPi and power it up. That's it.

I can't help you with your other IR receiver/software issue.
I forgot to also say that I am using a Raspberry Pi controled viaConsumer Electronics Control (CEC) which works no problems except I am unable to use the back key on remote the back key "<<" does not go to the last song / video forward key ">>" works and also the remote is too large I really want to use a smaller remote that is why I am considering using the Flirc setup

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
trying to setup Flirc; a couple of questions.0