• 9(current)
auto hide/show lower nav bar.
As the PR in OP seems to be staled, I've created a new one, adapted to latest changes in trunk (i.e. min api 14, main.java, ...): https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2564

There is still an issue, though, at least on the JB/Nexus 7 I tested with:
When the nav bar is hidden, a touch shows it up but we don't get the touch event, so you actually have to touch twice to get the OSD.

The only way I see right now to solve this is to implement a "setOnSystemUiVisibilityChangeListener" and send a dummy touch event.
Anyone with a better one?
So when will this be included in a build?
@Koying:

Why use "hide navigation"? Shouldn't XBMC be using "full screen mode"?

Ref: http://developer.android.com/reference/a...y%28int%29
(yes, I know, this is a new feature on JB, it may not work on previous Android versions).
I looked at this months ago (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137269).

Can't remember what state I left my git repo in, hope it was too confusing for anyone that might have looked at it. I never go around the resizing problem iirc.

I also had problems with the setOnSystemUiVisibilityChangeListener not firing.

Glad to see it looks like some one has sorted it now.
(2013-05-16, 00:55)nikagl Wrote: So when will this be included in a build?

I've read every single post in 13 pages and finally I don't have idea what is the status Laugh
Is this included in new builds/nightlies?
How can ordinary mortal xbmc users test this on their tablets?

Cheers and keep up great work Wink
no and not possible for ordinary mortal xbmc users...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Go to the Google store, several programs that will do this for you, it was very simple.
(2013-07-11, 13:29)Electroman15 Wrote: Go to the Google store, several programs that will do this for you, it was very simple.

Well yes - this is a thread dedicated to the development of this feature natively in the Android version of XBMC, without the need of those programs.
sorry didn't mean to offend, or threadjack, guess I was Excited at the time I figured this out. LOL
Never mind me, please carry on.
Also... apps only work when device is rooted...feature or option within XBMC to hide the bar is still much appreciated Smile
Waking this thread up. All video players i use on my Nexus7, except for XBMC, seems to have this figured out. Including Youtube, Netflix, MX Player and the native video player.

Getting this sorted would be much appreciated!
XBMC wants to be special whenever it can ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
too bad all other video players are closed source Smile
So any plans on supporting immersive mode in android 4.4?

Smile
I'll definitely have a look Smile
Now, it probably will be difficult to incorporate in master, as that would leave all devices not having kitkat behind...
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
auto hide/show lower nav bar.0