XBMC set to start playlist on boot, I hear it but all that loads is the home window

When it boots up I can hear it playing and when I hit escape it shows whats playing in the playlist. How can I make it skip the menu page and have it show me what playing in the playlist upon boot without having to hit esc?
I can set the startup window here:
System - Setting - appearance - skin - Startup window : set this to many options but I want to SEE whats its playing not whats set here.

I hit escape upon bootup and it shows me what playing

The setting to make it start a playlist on startup is here:
Syste - setting - appearance - skin - settings - startup window :enable playlist on startup (set the path to the playlist)

Thanks for you patience.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Based on the navigation path you cited above, I assume you're running XBMC Frodo (v12.0)? Also, are you using the default Confluence skin?

I just tested this on both Frodo and Eden with the Confluence skin and the "now playing" information is displayed right above the horizontal menu bar on the left margin as soon as XBMC starts up to the home page and launches the playlist. It displays a thumbnail of the current track, album name, track name, play time, and track duration. I'm not running on an RPi, but I don't think that should make any difference since this is a skin function.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC set to start playlist on boot, I hear it but all that loads is the home window0