[RELEASE] Auto resume add-on
service.AutoResume
Latest version (0.7.4) updated to work with XBMC 13 Gotham.

Where to get latest version?
service.AutoResume at github

What does it do?
Intended for XBMC installations in cars, it will make XBMC remember what was playing and where it left off when power is abruptly cut off. When power is restored, XBMC will automatically resume where it left off.
If using with a RPi it's recommended that in the settings, you set the save folder to a location other than your SD card that it boots from. This will reduce the chances of writes to the SD card when power cuts off.

Other tips:
After about 2 years of heavy use the SD card running XBMC corrupted itself. I recommend periodically taking a backup of your SD card with Win32diskImager. If your SD card craps out you'll be able to create a new one from your disk image.
Works. I had to lower the savetimefreequency on windows. (Just set it to 5 seconds.)
Nice addon.
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
is it working in openelec with pi model bHuh?
i'm very much interested and i don't know how to install it in my openelec
i like ur addon. i need ur help most extremely..
i'm using pi only for slideshow and compiled my own build of openelec.
i want to get auto resume slideshow when power is cut.
after booting pi has to show the last picture seen. pls help me
I've actually only tested Auto-resume on my RPi model B running OpenElec. I use it in my minivan. If you look at the code of the script, it might not be a significant change to alter it to do slideshows. You'd have to look at the xbmc docs to find out how to save the position of a slideshow and resume from there.
can u pls help me out to do this... i'm unable to doSad
how to install this add-onHuh
Anyone try it with Frodo yet? might turn my Pi into a carputer.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
I'm using it with OpenElec 3.2.0. Pretty sure that's Frodo. Been using this in our minivan for about 7 months now.
FYI - to make it work with XBMC Gotham, you'll need to edit the addon.xml file to change the python version from "2.0" to "2.1.0". I'll get around to updating github soon.
Thanks for sharing this add on..Its rally nice..
Glad to hear people getting some use out of it.

I've updated github with the latest version (0.7.4) that works on XBMC 13 Gotham and handles some timing issues with starting up that I didn't have with Frodo.
Thank you very much! It really makes XBMC in the car much easier.
However, if I play audio after the power is turnedplays only one file to the end and silent. How then can I fix this?
XBMC (Kodi) has a built-in ability to play a bunch of songs. If you select the folder containing your music you can choose to play the folder and it will play all those songs.

Maybe you're already doing that and when you restart the car then it only plays where it left off and quits? I'm not sure how to fix that. I think it would require a significant change to this add-on. It's really beyond what this was intended for. I only have kids movies in my car so I wouldn't even have stuff to test it on.
This may be just what I'm looking for - installation in my campervan.

Couple of quick questions:

Is this still current?
Does it work with Kodi > 14.* ?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Auto resume add-on1