Mac mini with Openelec?
For a few months I bought a Mac mini to function as a HTPC.
This way I discovered kodi and did learn a lot.
However, using my Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote with this configuration, remains problematic.
Whith the Mac mini on OS X (Yosemite) short/long button press can't be discern, so I "loose" functionallity (somewhat remedied by making a user keyboard.xml).
Too frustrating however remains that iTunes often hinders the action of the Ultimate for kodi (you only see the volume control at every key press). So I must frequently (several times) restart or reboot.
I wonder if installing OpenELEC could bring a solution (distinction between short/long press, and better overall cooperation with Harmony?)
If so, should I install OpenELEC on a separate partition?
why not just boot up the OpenELEC USB install media in live mode and see (just type live and hit enter at the boot prompt)? Or install it to a 2nd USB stick and boot that.
Many thanks.
I have followed your advice and it works.

Update 31/1:
In OS X I can't set my OpenELEC USB stick as the boot disk, so I have to keep ALT pressed each time I boot and my bluetooth keyboard isn't active at that moment, so I have to use a wired keyboard... this isn't easy sitting in my living room relaxing.
Also, I succeeded in making the Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote handling short/long button press with kodi and in defining all buttons.
So I'll try going on in OS X, hoping iTunes wont much interfere.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac mini with Openelec?0