A75M-ITX No video
Sorry of this is answered before but I couldn't find a solution when I searched.

I am building my 1st XBMC machine and have purchased the parts for the A6-Pack build as many of you have. However when I turn the system on all fans startup, light turns on but the system will not show any video. I can't get into bios nothing. I have already tried to clear the CMOS with no luck. The system doesn't seem to do anything. I have hooked up a speaker to it even and I get 0 beeps. I am thinking it's a bad mobo since it doesn't even beep when I don't have any memory in it.
could be a bad board, the ASRock Mini-ITX FM2 boards are garbage and have been discontinued. You might be SOL finding another board too, your best bet is MSI or Zotac but both are really hard to come by right now. Superbiiz is selling an A55 Mini-ITX board which works fine
It's the FM1 board...I thought this was a highly recommended board around here...hmmm
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but... is there memory in it? It's a mistake I've made and still make! I think saying it doesn't beep w/o memory implies that. Is the memory good?

Otherwise, yeah I've had a couple of A75M-ITXs do this and be DOA. Unfortunately, it's the only FM1 motherboard available.
Hi the FM1 A75M ITX asrock board is a good one... but yes some people are unlucky and DOA....
Have you tried both HDMI and VGA to see if one of them gives you video?

Also try just one stick of ram and then the other...
^^ yeah what he said.

Do this - remove all components.

Re-seat the CPU and Fan

Install 1 stick of RAM

Re-attach the PSU both 24pin and extra 4pin

Move the clear BIOS jumper to clear for a few seconds then back to the run setting.

Now try powering on using a HDMI monitor - if that fails try a DSUB vga monitor (if you have one) or another display.

If this still doesn't work swap the RAM stick for the other one - still not working means RMA the board. If it works go ahead and reattach the Hdds and other stuff etc.

Let me know how you get on.

(2013-01-17, 08:29)Beer40oz Wrote: Hi the FM1 A75M ITX asrock board is a good one... but yes some people are unlucky and DOA....
Have you tried both HDMI and VGA to see if one of them gives you video?

Also try just one stick of ram and then the other...
I have tired the HDMI infact I hooked it to my TV 1st and when I didn't get any video I assumed "Oh I need a monitor 1st to setup something in the bios" So I took it upstairs and plugged in my unraid box's monitor that's really not used.

(2013-01-17, 10:26)Katch Wrote: ^^ yeah what he said.

Do this - remove all components.

Re-seat the CPU and Fan

Install 1 stick of RAM

Re-attach the PSU both 24pin and extra 4pin

Move the clear BIOS jumper to clear for a few seconds then back to the run setting.

Now try powering on using a HDMI monitor - if that fails try a DSUB vga monitor (if you have one) or another display.

If this still doesn't work swap the RAM stick for the other one - still not working means RMA the board. If it works go ahead and reattach the Hdds and other stuff etc.

Let me know how you get on.
I did remove the memory and tried another set of memory I had and got the same results. I have not tried to remove the cpu and re-seat it. I will try that in a few and see what I get. I am afraid it's a DOA which is my luck, I was excited to get this thing going! In fact I cancelled my SSD since they hadn't shipped it and bought it locally so I could get it going quicker since I was so excited Sad
OK - It works. I didn't take the cpu out last night because I didn't have anymore thermal grease. I know I didn't really need to replace it but I am anal like that. Anyways when I took the fan off the whole cpu came off with it! So when I originally attached the cpu I didn't get it seated properly and the arm didn't catch it and pull it down. All is good and when I get home I will install windows etc and get this baby up and running.

Now I get to redo all my wiring etc since it's been torn apart and put back together a couple times

Thanks Katch!
Always nice when it is a cheap fix, and you don't have to deal with rma's!
Your welcome...
Nice. Congrats! My ASRock issues are never this simple Smile.
And thank you Beer!

However I have another problem...I can't get Windows 7 to install...It's says it's missing a driver so I assumed it was the sata controller. I downloaded it tried to install it and it says no new devices installed. So clearly it's not the sata..Any clue what driver I am missing?

I downloaded the full driver pack and put it on the thumb drive and went through all of them. This is my 1st SSD install surely I don't need a driver for that do I? It's a Samsung 840 series.
Maybe install from the back on the motherboard on a USB 2.0 port....
(2013-01-17, 20:56)Beer40oz Wrote: Maybe install from the back on the motherboard on a USB 2.0 port....

Beer, your one smart cookie man. I just went and told that to my IT guy he tried it and boom! Thank you sir!

I was about done with it and turned it over to him to do it lol
No problem.... enjoy it sir!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A75M-ITX No video0