Python script problems
hello there, does anyone have this problem. when you go in the scripts directory and try to execute a python, the python doesnt execute or stop in the middle of opening? is this a problem with the xbmc or the scripts? im using xbmc build 9-13-05 pimped. sometimes the scripts work and the other times dont. how can i fix this problem?
i've had a similar problem with all the recent builds.

sometimes script run, sometimes not. most seem to only function partly..
hello
try to keep your scripts up to date.
some scripts may be wrong because of change on the website used... some scripts may just be wrong because a lack of settings from yourself...

if you want to be able to learn more about what make the script fail, try to push the white pad button just after script execution. devs are used to print some lines here to help in debugging. python error are most of the time written in this debug window. so just give us what is said and we may help.

another way to get debug infos :
launch your bugging script, try to get the problem (script don't run, or script hang or whatever) then go in your xbmc install directory and get the xbmc.log
some useful infos are written in this file. but keep in mind that xbmc as default will not write all debug infos in this log. infos are written depending on how you set the debug level in your xboxmediacenter.xml file (you'll find in it where and how set the debug level)

hope it will help you
no, there is a problem.

i posted this in the bug forum awhile ago. the error in the debug log will be a legitimate script error.( ie. indentation error) but the next time you run it it will work fine.

i thought maybe it was something on my end, but maybe not?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
i have the same problem for a few months.
but i discovered that starting a scripts with the filemanager is working fine.
so i think ist a problem in the skin engine.

i hope this will help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python script problems0