Movie playlist possible??
I'm aware that you can make a music playlist however I still have yet to find info in making a movie playlist. Is this possible? I found one how to video on YouTube and he brought out it depends on what skin you use and he briefly showed a tutorial. However after following his instructions the playlist still didn't work, nothing was in the playlist and I couldn't make it appear on the home screen. What I'm trying to do is separate the R rated movies from the PG movies so the kids will have their own playlist of movies. Can this be done??

Yes, with Smart_playlists (wiki). Videos > Playlists > New smart playlist...

Type: Movies
Match items where: (MPAA RATING), (IS), Rated G
Click ADD button to add second rule
Match items where: (MPAA RATING), (IS), Rated PG
Items must match: One or more of the rules

Specify other options, if desired, for limits and sort order. Save the playlist with the desired name. If you want a shortcut on the main menu to launch this playlist, you'll need a skin that supports this capability (not the default Confluence).

great finally an answer.. Thank you I've been trying to figr this out for a week
Will the playlist automatically update when new movies are added?
Ok sorry I spoke to soon.. I followed the instructions you gave however still no movies are showing in the playlist.. what could I be doing wrongHuh
Are your movies scanned into your video library? If not, then smart playlists won't work.

And even if they are scanned into your library, do they have MPAA ratings associated with them? Click "i" on a movie title and see if the "MPAA rating" field has a value in the format: "Rated G", "Rated PG", etc.
yes I have the movies scanned into the XBMC library, they show up under Movies and the rating is showing up under Movies also so I assume it knows the rating..
Under Add button I only put PG-13 not Rated PG-13 maybe that is whats wrong, i'll try it that way
Ok that was the issue.. it works now thanks... My other question is will the playlist automatically update the movies in the playlist when XBMC updates ??
(2013-01-18, 01:00)symetri Wrote: Under Add button I only put PG-13 not Rated PG-13 maybe that is whats wrong, i'll try it that way

Yep, that's why I previously said:
(2013-01-17, 09:10)artrafael Wrote: Match items where: (MPAA RATING), (IS), Rated G
Click ADD button to add second rule
Match items where: (MPAA RATING), (IS), Rated PG
(2013-01-18, 00:27)artrafael Wrote: Click "i" on a movie title and see if the "MPAA rating" field has a value in the format: "Rated G", "Rated PG", etc.

Quote:My other question is will the playlist automatically update the movies in the playlist when XBMC updates ??

You mean when you add new movies to the XBMC video library? Yes, they will be displayed in your smart playlist if they meet the criteria specified in the playlist
Ok Great thanks alot for all your help I appreciate it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie playlist possible??1