Bug no cdart (disc.png)
hello everybody:
i'm not able to show the disc.png (local file) for my movies.
i've done some test with AD (artwork downloader) and there isn't disc art .

* install XBMC RC3
* then switch to aeon nox (latest) with all needed scripts (included latest AD)
* add some folders with movies in library path (every movie in its folder with all logo.png + disc.png + clearart.png)
* then in AD i configure to download "only" these files in bulk mode.
* AD really download "stuff" for the selected movies but (i don't know why) Aeon Nox show my local files, except for the disc image.

It's possible to use my local files without doing nothing. like old Eden and Nox 3.6?...i know the existence for the option (use local files) but doesn't work.
if i want to show logo.png + clearart.png and disc.png i must run in limited bulk mode.

its's very annoying

thx!Rolleyes
Did you enable the feature to show disc art?
yes, it's enabled...
my goal in using XBMC is have ALL my media locally scrapped and completed with external apps (like ember media manager or such) and then "refreshed" with XBMC... without the need for download nothing at all....
i managed doing this with EDEN, but now, i can't with FRODO...
what i'm doing wrong?...
anyone needs more explanation for my metodology?...

thx
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...3&page=107
Have a look at the top post (I questioned this problem but still havent upgraded - will wait for a free weekend so I dont get caught out with any new ways to install frodo)
Hope this helps some
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2013-01-18, 11:01)orbtwin Wrote: yes, it's enabled...
my goal in using XBMC is have ALL my media locally scrapped and completed with external apps (like ember media manager or such) and then "refreshed" with XBMC... without the need for download nothing at all....
i managed doing this with EDEN, but now, i can't with FRODO...
what i'm doing wrong?...
anyone needs more explanation for my metodology?...

thx
You're probably going to need to refresh each movie manually. Or delete the entire source, clean your library and readd the source. If artwork downloader didn't put those files there in Frodo, Frodo isn't going to recognize them until you refresh them. At least that's been my experience with using manually scraped artwork.
mmm, otherwise ... i want to "bypass" the need of re-download anything...
there isn't an option to simply read the local files?
Does it make a difference if you set the limit number of extrafanart to 10? I think if you already have 5 bits of fanart for a film and none of them are disc art, then you need to increase the number so that it downloads discart as well.

This is a wild guess based on the fact that I had the same problem, tweaked this setting and now I seem to have some discart (updating as I type).

The setting is in the Artwork Downloader config.
CPU: AMD Llano A6-3500 2.40GHz APU - MoBo: Gigabyte A75N-USB3 AMD A75 - RAM: Corsair Value 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz - Storage: 128GB SSD, 500GB HD - Case: Streacom FC7 Silver - ODD: Sony AD-7640S Slot Load DVD+RW Drive
After searching high and low for any filename or location changes in regard to this in Frodo, it appears I'm not alone in that fact that I cannot get local disc art to show. Any official word on this at all, as I'm in the same boat as orbtwin, in that locally stored disc.png files aren't being read by Nox 4.0 on Frodo. Allowing Artwork Downloader to search for and download disc.png files works fine, but I want to use all the ones I already have and are stored with the movie - where they're suppose to be.

Cheers,

Mungo.
(2013-01-27, 09:53)Mungo Wrote: After searching high and low for any filename or location changes in regard to this in Frodo, it appears I'm not alone in that fact that I cannot get local disc art to show. Any official word on this at all, as I'm in the same boat as orbtwin, in that locally stored disc.png files aren't being read by Nox 4.0 on Frodo. Allowing Artwork Downloader to search for and download disc.png files works fine, but I want to use all the ones I already have and are stored with the movie - where they're suppose to be.

Cheers,

Mungo.

same as me...
+1

where can we find a real/official/tested explanation of this issue?... it's a XBMC limitation or its due AD...
how hell can we need to tweak settings to obtain simply the local files? .... (logo/disc/cleart) ?? nothing more

thx
Explained many times and I'm tired of repeating it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-01-27, 14:36)Martijn Wrote: Explained many times and I'm tired of repeating it.

sorry, im'm sorry ...
where

May be you will find an explanation in my post and my document :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1311296
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2013-01-27, 19:30)mikebzh44 Wrote: May be you will find an explanation in my post and my document :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1311296

thx for the reply...
i'll give a test...
otherwise...it's very frustating method ... "false" re-download items to get artwork images

Angry
Ok, see this is where I'm confused. I've never been looking at, or for answers in this "artwork downloader" dealie because as far as I was aware, artwork and what not, including this feature was a built in skin feature, not a plugin-in that I needed to configure. If the files were there locally, it found and used them, if not then nothing showed as I have XBMC blocked from online scraper sites and the scraper error suppressed in advancedsettings. (As I came from another media program, I already had all my metadata organised, so this was literally the very 1st thing I did when I went to XBMC...find a way to turn off its online scraping.) All my artwork is stored locally, I don't, and have never relied on XBMC to download anything, nor do I want it to. This is just confusing considering all other artwork scans in fine without touching a thing, when in the correct format.

Can you understand my confusion? I'm one of, I'm sure - MANY users that doesn't like XBMC handling artwork and has every little bit of it stored locally with the media...so for me, when these type of problems crop up, I can rule out things like this as I've never used them, nor can they work as they're blocked from scraper sites. I go straight onto the next possible issue of filename change, structure change or bug. Why would I look in artwork downloader programs built into XBMC / Themes when I never use them. Huh

I also see you have to actually RUN the damn thing from the add-in's menu for it to find anything - a refresh on movies or an individual movie doesn't do anything. Yeah - this isn't confusing at all. Ya know there's a reason you're tired of explaining this Martijn - it's ass about backwards and confusing as hell. What I don't understand is if there's a toggle for use local art - why the hell isn't it turned on by default? it would surely stop 99% of these questions because a scan would just work, and we'd be none the wiser.

Thank you though mikebzh44 - at least you were willing to shed some light on the subject.
Perhaps you are the one working backwards. XBMC has never supported any of those artwork so that's why they are not scraped. This is no where mentioned in the wiki it ever did. 99% of the users don't have all their artwork stored in the movie folders so that why the setting is OFF.
The script pushes the image URLs directly to the database and downloads them only on need to have bases so saving bandwidth.

Why did skins change to this method: the old crap hacked way would cause the library to be slow, continuously spinning up network discs and need it go on... For all I cared the option was left out. Only because some frequent users requested it it was put back in.

And you say MANY is no way correct. Only a small fraction of users handle their own artwork and whatever. Reading the Aeon Nox 4.0 FAQ would have told you what to do.

Also as fanart.tv admin I helped spread the use of these movie discs. Since it was added to AD a lot of skins actually started integrating the cool looking graphics and I spend many days and weeks setting all this up.
Thanks for being so grateful.

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no cdart (disc.png)1