Bug no cdart (disc.png)
(2013-01-30, 14:38)Mungo Wrote: Yeah, I've done some tinkering and it works if AD can get through to the net. When I have XBMC blocked from the net and select use local files, and launch it...doesn't pick up any local disc.png files etc....if I allow XBMC access to the internet, AD will launch and download all the other files I don't have, it won't download disc.png because it's already there locally, but after it's done its scan, the local disc image I already had will show...is weird. It's like AD is checking for an internet connection before it bothers scanning so it doesn't matter if you have the files or not if it can't get to the net. Hope it's a bug and not a last minute change. Might go scope out the AD thread.

I'm having the same problem. I also tried selecting use local files and running it and it gets the cleartart/logos from the internet. Doesn't seem to download any CD art.
I had that issue but needed to overwrite existing artwork as well to get missing cdart and anything else i was missing.

I asked about it in the AD thread and never got a response......someone told me AD checks and downloads missing artwork even if it already downloaded some artwork for that file,but i am unsure about that, because i needed to enable use local artwork, and then do the overwrite existing artwork or whatever its called and redownload everything before AD got the missing cdart, clearart, ect... for that movie.

Anyway still unsure why clearart, discart, its not showing up in frodo final now. It is still sitting in my folder and was downloaded by AD a few weeks ago.
Having similar issues with my art. Upon final release of Frodo, I decided to totally get rid of XBMC RC3 and start fresh. Brand new fresh clean install of XBMC Frodo Final, set-up all my add-ons etc., imported my sources for music & movies, etc.

The art for my movies is all weird - Posters for many of my movies were in different languages (confirmed that all my international settings were US, etc.), no logo art appearing in NOX, even though I watched AD download them and I can "choose" which logo I want to see in my library in the info for the movie. I even manually chose the posters and logos I wanted to appear, and I guess on a subsequent scrape, my foreign posters reappeared and still no logos. Not sure what the heck is going on at this point, seems like I am going in circles trying to get my movies to look the way I want them to. I have 32 movies and watched AD download ~850 files.
Alienware X-51: 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD C drive, 12T RAID, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
MacPro 1,1, 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 12GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 1.5T 2nd HD, OS X 10.6.8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
Precision 7500: 2 x 2GHz, 30GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 2TB 2nd HD, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Confluence
Arcade Cabinet
I enabled 'use local files' for AD and then run AD. All my local logos/cd/every art piece loaded just fine. The ones I didn't have locally, AD download ones from online. Seems fine to me.
(2013-01-31, 00:22)Vaikin Wrote: I enabled 'use local files' for AD and then run AD. All my local logos/cd/every art piece loaded just fine. The ones I didn't have locally, AD download ones from online. Seems fine to me.

So are you using frodo final? Mine was working and loading just fine with rc3, are you saying when you upgrade to frodo final you have to run AD again for them to load?
Ok, I "think" it's working. Wrote my last post from work; when I left for work this morning, it was working as described in my previous post (#34). I had even selected USE LOCAL inside AD and did run AD. At the same time XBMC was still importing my ~78,000 track music library. From fresh install, through setup, to the time I left for work, I had not rebooted the machine. Got home from work, saw that my music library was done scanning and navigated over to MOVIES. Still no logos and still had polish & other foreign language posters for my movies. Rebooted the machine and voila... logos reappeared (NOX 4.0.9 using LOW LIST UI). Posters, however, still fahrvegnuegened. Manually when through each one (probably about half of my 32 movies) and manually chose new/correct posters. Keeping fingers crossed on next automated library update that they won't revert back.
Alienware X-51: 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD C drive, 12T RAID, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
MacPro 1,1, 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 12GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 1.5T 2nd HD, OS X 10.6.8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
Precision 7500: 2 x 2GHz, 30GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 2TB 2nd HD, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Confluence
Arcade Cabinet
(2013-01-31, 01:19)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2013-01-31, 00:22)Vaikin Wrote: I enabled 'use local files' for AD and then run AD. All my local logos/cd/every art piece loaded just fine. The ones I didn't have locally, AD download ones from online. Seems fine to me.

So are you using frodo final? Mine was working and loading just fine with rc3, are you saying when you upgrade to frodo final you have to run AD again for them to load?

I am using Frodo final. On RC3 it worked just fine, same as it is now. And no, you shouldn't have to run AD again if you went from RC3 to Final, but I didn't test it. It was a clean final install.

I made some dummy movie files, with some dummy art files. I added the sources and scanned them into xbmc. I enabled use local files with AD and then ran AD. After it finished, I went into Info Panel to see cd art and it loaded just fine. I then checked for logos in landscape view, again no problems.
Ok, I just ran another test and can confirm that AD will only work (for disc.png at least, I assume other, formally unsupported artwork is the same) - even if the artwork is already in the movie folder, and "use local files" is selected, if AD can access the net.

Somehow I doubt it's meant to work like that. I am however pleased that it actually downloads these files into the local folders. I was under the impression it looked online for the originals, saved the URL it found them at into the database and only downloaded a smaller, cached copy....so this again, confuses me as to why people are so against storing metadata locally Confused after AD runs, it's all stored locally anyway. Is it just because you think we don't share? 99.99% of my artwork was scraped from the 3 sources AD uses anyway, I didn't make it myself Smile
Ideally, AD should check for local copies before looking online but it doesn't. So if you aren't online you can't add local artwork to the database. Boo hoo.
Ok, update to my last post... The very same movies that had foreign posters, that I manually chose new posters for all have missing info/plot info. When I go into the movie info screen, it says info unavailable. Now, for every one of these, the following behavior is consistent; I hit REFRESH, say YES to ignore local info, I choose the correct movie, it downloads the details fine, I back-out to my Library, the info is there, the poster is there (sometimes i go back and choose my preferred poster other than the acceptable default downloaded one) the extra fan art is there, and the logo is there, but quickly disappears. I go back into the info screen, choose GET ARTWORK, choose NO to download without user interaction, choose the logo again, and then AD throws out an error every time (error downloading file), I hit OK, there's a quick download dialog box that looks like a download, and then quickly goes away, and then another dialog box pops up saying download cancelled by user, I hit OK, then another AD dialog box comes up, stating "cleaning up" with a download progress bar for logo.png. It downloads the logo, I back out into the library (if I don't need to go back again to re-choose my preferred poster) and everything is good.

Is this the way this is supposed to work or am I overlooking something obvious? (open invitation right here for someone to yell at me to go read another FAQ, post, thread, etc. - getting dizzy sifting through threads, forums and posts)

I have several movies left I need to go through this repeatable process with. I have my AD configured to use local files and I just ran it. It downloaded 14 files; I am simply assuming it was extra fan art, because nothing has changed visibly regarding my posters, logos and plot Infos.

Not sure what to try next, besides doing each movie manually, but I'm sure this isn't the intended behaviour? Could someone please offer some advice on what I should do/try next? Thanks!
Arcade Cabinet
For whatever reason I had to run AD again after upgrading to final from rc3.

I had cdart and all that stuff already in my folder, but after the upgrade, i had to run AD again and it got 328 files, and now cdart is back.

Very weird. And I have use local artwork enabled.
After running AD it appears to grab everything except for the cd art. Do you know why it wouldn't be getting that?
Not sure it seemed to pick it up for me. And you have use local artwork enabled?

I had to enable that for some reason because it wasnt getting stuff once before and then had to do a complete overwrite existing artwork option.
(2013-02-02, 09:48)Ghostdivision Wrote: Not sure it seemed to pick it up for me. And you have use local artwork enabled?

I had to enable that for some reason because it wasnt getting stuff once before and then had to do a complete overwrite existing artwork option.

Yep. I have them labeled cdart.png in the same folder as the movie file. Not sure why it's not being picked up.
Because local enabled artwork looks for disc.png

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no cdart (disc.png)1