Bug no cdart (disc.png)
Anyone know a good program to create cdArt in png format? I've downloaded all available files from fanart.tv, but there are quite a few that are not there. I don't mind the work and I will upload my creations.
(2013-03-02, 23:08)jawhn Wrote: Anyone know a good program to create cdArt in png format? I've downloaded all available files from fanart.tv, but there are quite a few that are not there. I don't mind the work and I will upload my creations.

GIMP (free) or Photoshop.
You can get templates and tutorial on fanart.tv
Thx
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
you can always request cdarts on fanart.tv as well and your own creations are more than welcome
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Will Frodo or AD have an update to fix this anytime?
Ex-Graphic Designer - PS3,iPhone,Windows Theme Creator & General Photoshop & 3DS Max messer
My Projects: http://s746.photobucket.com/user/shagrat...t=6&page=1
(2013-03-27, 12:00)Z0m8ie Wrote: Will Frodo or AD have an update to fix this anytime?

what fix?
it works like it should if configured properly Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-03-27, 12:00)Z0m8ie Wrote: Will Frodo or AD have an update to fix this anytime?
Fix what ? , I havent had any trouble with local artwork OR scraped artwork - everything works as expected (if set up correctly)
(2013-03-27, 13:56)leepenny Wrote:
Fix what ? , I havent had any trouble with local artwork OR scraped artwork - everything works as expected (if set up correctly)

So how do you go about scraping clearart, logo, disc, banner art?

Nevermind, thanks guys I figured it out.... Smile
Ex-Graphic Designer - PS3,iPhone,Windows Theme Creator & General Photoshop & 3DS Max messer
Well done - when you set it up correctly it does work - when you figured it out I bet you said 'so simple' - I know I did
Glad you got it sorted
I just needed "use local artwork enabled" Smile
at least youre all good to go now - LOL
Hi there,

I'd appreciate help explaining what could possibly be wrong in my configuration:

1) Local cd art files as "movie name-discart.png" present within each movie folder
2) Configuration of AD set to use local files
3) Using XBMC Frodo 12.1 and AD 12.0.15

My local cdart is not been recognised by AD at all. I don't have an option for selecting specific local art, except if AD previously downloaded cdart works or other kind of artworks for a particular movie. Only then it shows the option to use local source for that particular type of artwork.

I rely hugely on local files because there is one set-up of XBMC I have here that do not connect to internet.

Thanks! CF
disc art needs to be named disc.png in movie folder
logos - logo.png
clearart - clearart.png
banner - banner.jpg
cover - poster.jpg
fanart - fanart.jpg
make sure relevant boxes are checked in AD ( if you want to have AD d/load all upcoming artwork as well)
using local files box is checked it will look for artwork in folder before scrapping it.
(2013-04-07, 11:13)leepenny Wrote: disc art needs to be named disc.png in movie folder
logos - logo.png
clearart - clearart.png
banner - banner.jpg
cover - poster.jpg
fanart - fanart.jpg
make sure relevant boxes are checked in AD ( if you want to have AD d/load all upcoming artwork as well)
using local files box is checked it will look for artwork in folder before scrapping it.

Dear leepeny,

Thank you very much for your concise explanation that allowed me to fix the issue with the artwork. It was just a wrong naming issue.

It is curious however that the option for browsing and selecting specific types of artwork, stored somewhere else within our local sources, is unveiled only and once a file of that type of artwork has been placed in the movie directory. I wouldn't have found it without your help really.

Best, CF
glad to help
Yes, little confusing : disc art need to be named disc.png for being recognized by Artwor Downloader but when you will export your library in separated files, XBMC will create MovieName-discart.png file Wink

I think that XBMC 13 Gotham will fix this behaviour.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no cdart (disc.png)1