XBMC GUI not showing correctly
Hi,

I am using XBMC through a Raspberry PI. It works, but the GUI can be seen only partly on screen, like being zoomed in and centered. I can see only partly the left menu, when I open it and I only guess that there is sg on the top right. What causes this problem and can it be fixed?

Many Thanks,

Zsolt
That might be the overscan of your TV.

You can:
- disable the overscan in TV menu (perhaps)
- disable overscan in config.txt
- set skin zoom -4% in XBMC settings
the easiest way is to force tv aspect ratio to 16:9 and not use auto adjust.
most of the tvs has this option
You may try to delete guisettings.xml and reboot
Thank you all! I succeeded to fix it by setting the skin zoom to -4%. This is indeed the perfect zoom (no -2% or -8%). Good to have it..

Regarding the other options:

(2013-01-17, 16:20)xoox Wrote: That might be the overscan of your TV.

You can:
- disable the overscan in TV menu (perhaps)
Unfortunately I did not find such setting in the TV menu.

Quote:- disable overscan in config.txt
Where is this file found? (there is not under .xbmc)

Quote:- set skin zoom -4% in XBMC settings
This helped!Smile

Quote:the easiest way is to force tv aspect ratio to 16:9 and not use auto adjust.
most of the tvs has this option
I did not found any auto adjust. Aspect ratio is already set to 16:9.

Many Thanks,

Zsolt
Setting the zoom level is not ideal.. yo umay experience problems with playback tearing..

Go into Settings / System / Video and do the video calibration.. it will compensate for the overscan on your TV.
(2013-01-17, 20:42)danmedhurst Wrote: Setting the zoom level is not ideal.. yo umay experience problems with playback tearing..

Go into Settings / System / Video and do the video calibration.. it will compensate for the overscan on your TV.

Where is this video calibration? Can you pls. be more explicit with the menus? The video settings are divided in 5 submenus (Library, Playback, File lists, ..) and I don't see "calibration" at neither of those. (I was looking primarily on the Playback submenu, of course).

Zsolt
System>Settings>System>Video output>Video calibration...
and please be more creative Wink as you have all front of you, just few clicks away (no offense )
(2013-01-17, 22:45)rikardo1979 Wrote: System>Settings>System>Video output>Video calibration...
and please be more creative Wink as you have all front of you, just few clicks away (no offense )

Thanks, rikardoWink I reset the zoom to 0 and did the calibrationSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC GUI not showing correctly0