PVR hardware?
For the PVR feature, can I use a normal antenna. Or even ge a cable card adapter? Or is it only server based?
You need a backend to view live TV. XBMC will work with Many Backends. You will need a Tuner Card (Antenna or Cable Card) to work with the Backend software. You can actually have the backend software and the XBMC PVR frontend on the same computer if you want (assuming your machine is powerful enough etc) Be aware the Cable Card will only work with Copy Freely content.
can you post links for the hardware? and also the backend software?
Hardware can be any TV Tuner, and Newegg shows 338 different kinds using this link HERE. Pick one that works with your OS and case limitations and fits your needs.

The supported backend software packages are listed at the top of this section we are in (Tvheadend, VDR, MythTV, MediaPortal, Argus TV, NextPVR, others).

Hope that helps!
thanks! oh and BTW, can this method work for game consoles and set-top boxes?
Most of the TV Tuner cards would actually replace your set-top box (cable TV and digital TV converters).

For game consoles, I think you'd still have to have those plugged into a separate TV input on the back. I don't really know, though. I don't play many games. My son does, but I send him to his room to do that!

Cool
i'm saying would using something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Avertv-Definition-...PBYZE1G51G would i be able to use the same DVR software in the PVR back ends for consoles?
I don't see why not.

For the PVR, though, there'd be no need. You could tell your favorite PVR to record Sweatin' To The Oldies with Richard Simmons, and the broadcast coming in from your TV Tuner would be written straight to an MP3 file on your computer.

As long as your TV Tuner can tune in to the channel (if you didn't subscribe to HBO, the PVR won't be able to record it) and you have enough hard drive space, the PVR should record it.
now since i want to be able to have "multi room" or "multiple instances" how would i be able to stream any content from the host (living room) to other boxes (Raspberry Pis) using wi-fi.

Also if there are videos being downloaded i want them to be download to the living room 2TB HDD. if i can, how?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR hardware?0