Win WTV plugin to make Recorded TV for XBMC?
I've been trying to get some of the PVR Plugins to work with XBMC, but so far none of them work quite as efficiently as the Windows Media Center PVR.

Unfortunately, Windows Media Center creates it's recordings in the WTV format, that nothing else is able to read.

There are converters out there (that I have not tried), but it seems like if something already exists that can convert WTV to other file formats, there is very likely a plugin to allow XBMC to be able to view and play WTV files. I just don't know what it is called!

Could someone point me to the link to a plugin that allows XBMC to play WTV files?

Thanks,
Joe
XBMC should play wtv files just fine.
Hmmm...

Well, perhaps I am asking the wrong question.

A partition on my hard drive is set to use recorded TV, and it is D:\RecordedTV. Simple.

Windows Media Center uses this folder to record to, and there are always 10 to 20 WTV files in there.

XBMC is also set to use this same folder to save recorded TV to. The few recordings I have made through XBMC using the MediaPortal PvrClient are MP3 files (IIRC, because I am @ work and the HTPC is @ home).

These MP3 files show up in the list of Recordings, but the WTV files do not.

Do I need to tweak XBMC with some VooDoo (i.e. enter a sequence of characters into a special xml configuration file) to get it to display the WTV files that are in the Recordings folder?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WTV plugin to make Recorded TV for XBMC?0