Kodi is blocked in Google Play on my Zappiti Player 4K, how to install now?
I remember some time ago there was this huge outburst of lawsuits and I think it was at that time that Kodi took a stance about illegal streaming, but here's the thing, I bought this device (and am planning to buy their new Zappiti player capable of playing 10bit with the new RTD1295 chipset) based on the feature that it has Android and can use Kodi.

I can still use Kodi on my old device now, it just won't update trough Google Play, but what if I buy my new device and I won't be able to install Kodi on it?

Is there a way to install it without GPlay somehow or are we doomed?

I could also look into another player that has Kodi preinstalled or supports it, as long as it comes with the new RTD1295 (this is a huge deal).
Just download it from here and sideload it - HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Android (wiki)

If it contains a forked or custom version of Kodi that still uses the same app ID as our one then you won't be able to update from the play store without uninstalling the old one first.

In the end though we don't make hardware, so whether you can or cannot install on any such device is beyond our control.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Your device has an old version of Android on there, 4.4. The latest version of Kodi only runs on Android 5.x or higher, hence you can't install from the Play Store.
Thanks for replying! Yeah, the thing has 4.4 but it's strange that GPlay wouldn't let it install on older devices. So no backwards compatibility from the store (a bit of a shame, no updates too), well it's good as long as we can manually install it without problems.

Their new player is on Android 6 so I suppose Kodi should be available from the store for that one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is blocked in Google Play on my Zappiti Player 4K, how to install now?0