First HTPC, need advice.
Can you get rid of the 5.1 at all? Im fine with hqving the use the adapter but just a little of the fence since it has not been tested
For your own rips ? Sure you can just downmix it to stereo. Usually even sounds better than when xbmc has to do it on the fly.
I use a Zotac ID40 running openelec. I pass through the audio via spdf to my amp, and send the video to my tv via hdmi. This setup seems to work really great for me, and didn't require any setting changes from the default install of openelec. It's not as cheap as buying a pi, but the performance is really great.
Would I be able to make the pi keep the audio compressed if i run it through the hdmi/optical splitter
(2013-01-23, 02:47)Justyn93 Wrote: Would I be able to make the pi keep the audio compressed if i run it through the hdmi/optical splitter

If by compressed you mean encoded, then yeah, the Pi has no problem doing DTS or AC3 passthrough over HDMI.
Do make sure to get a splitter that supports AC3/DTS 6 channel audio, and obviously you will need a receiver that can decode it.
Alright thanks for your help it is much appreciated, Im 99% sure I'm going to get the pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First HTPC, need advice.0