7-zip/7z decompression and parsing
any chance of ever seeing x,y, and z in the file management area?

possible 7zip decompression.

zip, rar and 7zip compression?

intergrate text script has a permanent feature?

edit your own directory within xbmc ( just like all the xport emu have?)

i hope others haven't posted the same idea's, if so i'm sorry.

xbmc is a swell prog. mahalo.   :thumbsup:

any chance of ever seeing x,y, and z in the file management area?
just add them as boomarks, you'll be pleasantly surprised..

rar and zip decompression has been there since early may (zip) or late july (rar) . compression is something you do on your computer. this is a media center.

use python for textediting (or, even better, your computer)

Quote:edit your own directory within xbmc ( just like all the xport emu have?)

eh wha?

Big Grin 
@tristanx, please follow all the forum rules we have, they are not many to it's not hard!:
Quote:5. respect that only one issue/subject per thread is allowed! again search for existing first!
ps! renaming the topic to "7zip/7z decompression and parsing", from now on please keep this topic thread to that discussion only!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(gamester17 @ sep. 29 2005,11:26 Wrote:@tristanx, please follow all the forum rules we have, they are not many to it's not hard!:
Quote:5. respect that only one issue/subject per thread is allowed! again search for existing first!
ps! renaming the topic to "7zip/7z decompression and parsing", from now on please keep this topic thread to that discussion only!
:oops: sorry about that. i looked over the rules and that one escaped me.
Hi there,

I always use 7-Zip to pack/unpack stuff and it does not have an option to archive to rar (due to legal stuff).

So I was wondering if there will ever be support for subtitles that are compressed using 7-zip?
not if you expect us to add it. the 7z codebase is impossible to work with to say the least.
spiff Wrote:not if you expect us to add it. the 7z codebase is impossible to work with to say the least.

Oke, that clear. Is there another way to archive subtitles in order for XBMC/Vobsub to use them?
currently only .rar

i can easily add .zip but that will be later/ post 2.0
spiff Wrote:i can easily add .zip but that will be later/ post 2.0
That would be great! I understand that version 2.0 is priority #1 at the moment. I will wait patiently for 2.0 and after that, perhaps zip support.

I was just asking because I use 7-zip as main archiver and it cannot create RAR's.

Keep up the good work!
- 02-10-2006 fixed: [ 1561317 ] Browse and load RAR:ed subtitles don't work. also added zip support.
spiff Wrote:- 02-10-2006 fixed: [ 1561317 ] Browse and load RAR:ed subtitles don't work. also added zip support.
Thanks you very much Spiff and congrats with the V2.0 milestone! Looking forward to using this feature.
Hi everbody,
i am following this absolute great project for years and now its time for my first post!
Ok here is my qustion.
XBMC had support for rar and zip files.
Is there a reason why not for 7z? This format is going more and more popular and i think this would be a nice addition Its open source and a great pice of software.

Thanks
patch welcome
Hi everyone,

Many years after the first post, I want to ask for the same feature...
As 7zip is one of the most efficient archiver, that would be great if XBMC could support it.

I'm running XBMC under Ubuntu, and just try to add .7z extension to addvanced settings to be able to open 7z archives in my music database :

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <musicextensions>
        <add>.7z</add>
    </musicextensions>
</advancedsettings>

Of course that didn't work, and I get the following log :
Code:
CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file /mymusicfolder/test.7z
11:40:11 T:139747350333376 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder
11:40:11 T:139747350333376   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 5, path [/mymusicfolder/test.7z]

Is there a chance to have 7zip support in XBMC or I've to extract/compress my hudge library into zip or rar Confused ?

Thanks for your help !
how about just storing the vanilla music files? They are already compressed....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
7-zip/7z decompression and parsing0