Audio works once, then needs a restart
Hello all,

I'm not a regular to these forums, but I have been a huge fan of XBMC for quite some time now. Basically I've never had much of a problem until now.

The upshot is that XBMC works fine once it's started, however once either a tv show or a movie has been played, the audio completely dies on anything else that is selected after that first showing. Only a restart of the program fixes this. Well I say fixes it, it seems to be the only way to get the audio restored. Having to restart XBMC after every single episode or movie is pretty frustrating, even if I only flash on something briefly, once it's done the first time, the audio is gone for good.

Any ideas?

I'm using a MacMini running Mountain Lion, XBMC v11

Many thanks for any help!
try frodo rc3
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
my only hesitation in upgrading is the huge amount of work potentially involved in reimporting various obscure movie artwork, I have a lot of it! Is there a way of copying over the artwork library?

a thousand thanks for the reply Smile
you can just move away your /Users/username/Library/Application Support/XBMC folder for a backup - then grab a copy of frodo rc3 and see if the issue is still there. If not - you can go back to eden and restore your XBMC folder.

I know the update path needs time dependend on the size of the db - but atm i only care if the bug is already fixed or not - you know? Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I do of course, and I thank you, I'll give it a whirl and report back!
The audio issue has most certainly been solved, alas my library is now a bit of a mess... Maybe a feature to 'save library structure' would go down well on future releases?

cheers
David

Well i hope you took a backup before updating. Normally the db should be updated to the new version automagically. If that didin't work out for you - you can export your complete DB into xml before the update and then reimport that xml.
(2013-01-20, 19:23)totalblackout Wrote: The audio issue has most certainly been solved, alas my library is now a bit of a mess... Maybe a feature to 'save library structure' would go down well on future releases?

cheers
David

There is already such a function. XBMC has a export library to single file and a import library from single file. Find these under Settings, Videos, Library.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
thanks dude, you have been quite brilliant Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio works once, then needs a restart0