Win  UPnP | Movie Library Empty Music Working
Hi,

I have a HTPC running XBMC Frodo RC3 and as said above my Movie Library shows empty. I can play music that are on the HTCP anywhere at home but for some reason the Videos has disappeared.

I have been running XBMC for a while now and everything use to work fine, I already tried to watch on my "Smart Samsung" TV videos from my htpc and it never worked well, the movie always stopped after a while, the TV said Disconnection. I had tried to hardwire the HTPC and the TV which changed nothing. HOwever I could play the movies without a problem on my laptop, so I blamed samsung, that I must say nealry didn't help at all. after 3 month I received a mail saying that the new update should have solved the problem. I updated my TV and nothing I could see the XBMC server and play musics from it but I couldn't see any of my movies.
And my laptop doesn't see the videos also so the problem isn't the TV but the XBMC upnp server not working properly.

All my Videos are on the HTCP not somewhere else, it is a rather simple installation. I don't really know when this stopped to work. I am pretty sure it used to work when I used Frodo RC1

So here is a log File : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29029

I a moment did a Mysql installation just to see how it works as it is my intention to have a second HTPC and share the content but I switched back to no sql as I couldn't import the XML I generated at export, and since then Random Movies widget seems not to work also. Maybe I just need a clean install?
And you're positive your movies on the HTPC (server) are scanned into the video library? Videos > Library > Titles -- you can see and play the movies via this navigation path.
Yes, I use it nearly every day. I can see all my movies and TV Shows without a problem on the HTPC
I use the HTPC very often, I just don't use the second Samsung TV on another room very often Big Grin
(2013-01-19, 22:36)oliverde8 Wrote: And my laptop doesn't see the videos also so the problem isn't the TV but the XBMC upnp server not working properly.

I can't speak for your TV, since that UPnP implementation is totally foreign to me. For your laptop that can't access your HTPC's videos, are you also running XBMC on it or are you using some other UPnP client application?

(2013-01-19, 22:51)oliverde8 Wrote: Yes, I use it nearly every day. I can see all my movies and TV Shows without a problem on the HTPC

Right, but I was just trying to determine if you were using the Files view or Library view to watch your movies on your HTPC. XBMC will happily let you watch your movies in Files view, even without a library. But if these videos are not catalogued into your library, your UPnP client won't see them. That was the reason for my question.

(2013-01-19, 23:40)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 22:36)oliverde8 Wrote: And my laptop doesn't see the videos also so the problem isn't the TV but the XBMC upnp server not working properly.

I can't speak for your TV, since that UPnP implementation is totally foreign to me. For your laptop that can't access your HTPC's videos, are you also running XBMC on it or are you using some other UPnP client application?
Yes I did try with XBMC on my laptop as well as the file explorer without sucess. I also tried BubleUpnp on my phone and same thing I just see the Musics

(2013-01-19, 23:40)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 22:51)oliverde8 Wrote: Yes, I use it nearly every day. I can see all my movies and TV Shows without a problem on the HTPC

Right, but I was just trying to determine if you were using the Files view or Library view to watch your movies on your HTPC. XBMC will happily let you watch your movies in Files view, even without a library. But if these videos are not catalogued into your library, your UPnP client won't see them. That was the reason for my question.
Yes I use the library with Fan art and everything. Here is a screen shot :

Thanks
Well no one has any ideas? The last thing I could do is a clean install but was keeping that solution as last probability Big Grin
I have been having a similar problem using windows 7 pro. Suddenly my media server is no longer sharing any of the files via UPnP. I've tried several different computers and all of them can view the device, but after clicking through, no media is shown on the device. I've tried setting up my media server using the WMP sharing function to see if it was XBMC problem, but I get a similar result. The device is there, but no media! I can use SMB share to play it, but that was not my original idea or plan!

I'm guessing some setting on the server somehow got messed up, but for the life of my I can't think of what setting would block only the specific files on a share. That's not very nice Windows!
I don't think we have the same problem, my XBMC is streaming my Music fine but not the videos. Really strange
Well it seems to work now. I just reinstalled everything. and imported my DB back in.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP | Movie Library Empty Music Working0