Seeking (ff) in mythtv recordings?
I've been running xbmc on an atv2 with a Linux server hosting a samba share and a mythtv backend. Initially I was using the myth:// protocol in the sources.xml, and have now also added the PVR plugin to the mix with Frodo. In both cases, I basically cannot seek (i.e. fastforward) effectively when watching myth recordings. When I play a recording and try to fast forward, it crawls along at approximately the same speed as 1x playback itself would. What is interesting is that the length of video that is shown while fast-forwarding is only a couple of seconds further than the current playback position - this seems to suggest that xbmc is treating the video like a stream and is unaware of the total length of the recording. Rewind also has similar problems. Playing a file through SMB works fine, and I've tested putting a mythfrontend client in place of xbmc, and ff/rew work without problems.

Any ideas what's going on here? My recordings are being transcoded, so bandwidth should not be a problem (and as said, files over SMB work fine, as does replacing xbmc with a mythfrontend. I've also tried running xbmc on a windows machine, and the same problem exists).

Cheers,

Victor
I've investigate further and it seems this problem only occurs with transcoded recordings - namely mpeg4 codec in nuppelvideo container. The untranscoded mpeg2 recordings seek fine. I am guessing this is an issue with XBMC's handling of the NUV container?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seeking (ff) in mythtv recordings?0