Constantly freezing
Sad 
Hi all. What would be the best way to see what is causing an issue with the system freezing when changing channels? I was using Windows 8 and when this occurred the machine would blue screen with the Avera TV card reporting the error. Now I back to windows 7 and although the machine doesn't bluescreen, it still freezes when changing channels. The annoying this is it doesn't happen all the time so its difficult to pin point what is causing the problems. :-(

Also, how to do I get subtitles up on live TV?

If it sounds like this might be my TV Card then I'm happy to try another one but I wanted to get some community ideas before going and spending more $$.

Thanks guys and girls
(2013-01-20, 16:24)magichands Wrote: I was using Windows 8 and when this occurred the machine would blue screen with the Avera TV card reporting the error.
This definitely sounds like a driver issue. Usually when Windows blue screens it'll identify a faulting module, which can help pinpoint the specific driver havening issues (usually either the capture device or videocard). If you don't catch the faulting module on the blue screen message, you might find a copy of the message in the Windows Event Viewer.

Thanks sub3, I suspected this was the case and hence went back to windows 7 so I have no more logs Smile

I'm using NextPVR as this seemed to be the most stable backend. I tried the 4 listed on the Wiki help page. Do you think there is another one I should be trying?
I haven't tried any of the other backends, so can't really give you recommendations.

Quote:Now I back to windows 7 and although the machine doesn't bluescreen, it still freezes when changing channels.
Do you mean the application freezes, or the machine itself?
"XBMC is no longer responding". If I look in task manager it quickly loads almost 2gb (i.e. you can watch it climb) into memory then stops responding and windows closes the program. Leaving it to recover doesn't do anything.

Also, I noticed it mostly happens when I scroll past the Radio listing on the left of the screen. Its like it is crashing when trying to obtain a list of radio stations from nextPVR. But this is a wild and uneducated guess.
I haven't heard of any others with those problems, so not really sure what to suggest, but if you can post the xbmc.log and web.log over at the NextPVR forums, I'll take a look for you.
I had an issue with my TBS 6922 blue screening overnight.
What I found was that doing a manual update on the epg was also causing the same result.
I had all my channels set to get the epg directly (DVB/ATSC) so I figured that one of the channels was causing the issue.
I knew I had problems with the signal strength on certain channels so figured that this was causing the error.
I set all my channels in bulk map to none and then used epg collector & manual set xmltv for most channels.
I also deleted quite a lot of channels that I would never watch and since doing that I've had no blue screens.

I would try bulk mapping your epg to none and testing to see if that resolves any of your issues.

It may not be the same issue as I experienced but thought I would add my experience.
Also to get subs, click the audio icon in the playback panel and you can enable subs from there.
Thanks I'll give that a try, Cheers. I wil try to get the logs out and send them to you sub3. Thanks again
Ok UPDATES :-)

I have fiddled lots and seem to have stopped the freezing.

Now another problem, when I switch between channels I get the words "buffering" at the top of the screen and it never starts playing. Is this a common issue?

EDIT: I have seen some other posts on the form with a similar problem but there wasn't a solution provided

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Constantly freezing 0