Multi-Room Audio and Video
Hi,

I have two places in the house running XBMC - one on Windows 7 and the other on a Raspberry Pi (using openelec).

I'd like to setup multi-room (both so I can stop and carry on audio or video in another room and also so that I can have both places playing the same at the same time).

Is this possible and are there any guides on how this can be done?
MySQL (wiki)
MySQL lets you sync libraries, but thats not what the OP is asking. Its more like Airplay. I have no idea how to achieve that with video, other than using really long HDMI cables Smile.
One option I've found that works well for my setup is a software app called Airfoil. With it ($30), I can stream music from my iTunes library to all AirPlay instances (which is enabled on all XBMC devices), and I can also stream from Spotify (and other streaming services) as well. Airfoil software keeps the devices in sync as well* across my XBMC devices.

*There is a delay of a few milliseconds in the XBMC implementation of AirPlay, so if you are playing music to a "native" AirPlay client (like an un-modified AppleTV), the music running on XBMC devices will be out of sync. I have tried to resolve this using my (extremely limited) skills, but have been unsuccessful to this point. It is possible others may have suggestions on how to get around this. In my setup, I only stream to XBMC clients, so that's how I've worked around the delay.
It will do the "stop and carry on audio or video in another room" part, but not the "have both places playing the same at the same time" part. I don't think anyone has that second part working in any step up for XBMC yet.
Thanks all. Would be keen to see this included if at all possible in the future.
Take a look at: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78431 if you haven't already.
It's the closest solution I've been able to find.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Room Audio and Video0