"Refresh My Programs List" from GUI settings
xbmc doesn't have a way to 'refresh myprograms list.' i just want a small script that will go in and delete albums\myprograms#.db file. so that next time i select my programs, it will have to reload the list.

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....652;r=1
please, will someone help me out... i just want a small script written to delete albums\myprograms#.db... so that my program list will refresh the next time i go into it.... i'd do it, if i knew how to script... i'd just like it so when i click to activate the script it confirms if want to delete this file yes/no.. then file is gone.. please.. and thank you for any help
what problem are you having.

whenever you add a new program or game. it should show up in my programs.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
the problem is that if you edit the xbe to change what it displays in the list it doesn't reflect this change in xbmc unless you delete the database file... if you read my other post on the forum you can see what i mean... http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....652;r=1
ideally this would be built into the core code. we really need a function that will, on a schedule, scan all media and update all databases. i'd like this for the music library more then anything.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(affini @ sep. 28 2005,21:07 Wrote:ideally this would be built into the core code
i agree, submit a rfe, maybe with a crc or md5 checksum (or just bit-size) check to see if the xbe has been changed/edited, ...(and it it had been removed then xbmc should refresh)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
actually, if you goto settings->my programs and select/unselect the use directory names as description, this will actually remove the database so that it can be recreated again.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
quote:
amygrrl:
the problem is that if you edit the xbe to change what it displays in the list it doesn't reflect this change in xbmc unless you delete the database file...

@amygrrl:
what program do you use for editing .xbe files for changing the title it displays in the program list?

thanks.

scape
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

i use a program called xbe renamer v0.8
thanks, i found the program. it is really useful! Cool

btw. i also would like so see such a feature to refresh my files-list via a button in the gui.
i also had to delete the myprograms.db file and then restart xbmc to recreate it. after that the filenames were updated.

i always have trouble when i copy some new movies to my xbms share on my pc to watch them trough xbmc on my tv.
after i copied it to the share, then in xbmc they are not there in the file-list. so, i have to manually delete the movies.db file and then rescan the movies-section.

so, it would be very handy if such a feature would be implemented. with just a button press (or via context-menu) refresh the file-list, and voilá the newly copied files are there. Wink

scape
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Refresh My Programs List" from GUI settings0