Playlist position information and selection
hey everyone

i'm in the process of making my own resume on boot script, and i'm trying to work out the best way to work out if the last playing file was in the last playing playlist, which position it was at and to resume the playlist from that position.
from what i can see, looking through the docs on xbmcscripts.com, theres no way with the playlist() class that you can get the current files playlist location, and the only way to skip to a different location in playlist is to do a whole buttload of xbmc.player().playnext(), which is just evil.

am i missing something, or if i'm not, is it a possibilty to get some more features to the playlist() and player() classes added at all to enable this?

help is muchly appreciated Smile
well, without much of a response (or any...), i took it upon myself to make some of these changes.

below are links to my script and the cvs diff file per my modifications to the xbmc source code.
script can currently:
- remember and resume playback of the last playing song
- resume last song to the last playing second
- remember the last entered playlist
- continue through playlist as per normal, leaving off from last playing track

having said that, i must stress that it will only work if you have recompiled and updated your xbmc binary with the cvs diff below. diff taken as at 24/10/2005 09:55 utc
any q's, just ask me.

nkores.py
player.diff
has anyone done anything to the official cvs with this? this would be a fantastic feature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist position information and selection0