Slow channel changes
(2013-12-29, 21:29)outatouch0 Wrote: Does the new Frodo 12.3 include this fix?
I'm pretty sure the speeds fixes haven't been include in the XBMC main line yet.

Quote:If not, where can I find the margro build?
I think it's here: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/

Quote:Is this it ? or something else?
Updated Gotham build with extra features posted by sub3 on 2013-11-17
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178261
No, that's not it. That's an updated version of the NextPVR addon which provides more functionality.
thanks sub
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
You should be able to follow this pull request to see when the changes are merged to master. Releases following that date should include it without needing a special margro build

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3590
- question moved to a more relevant thread -
This is the main reason I still stick with MediaPortal. Channel changes are less than two seconds. Same with Windows Media Center. The best I can do with XBMC, regardless of backend, is 6 seconds. Try explaining that to a wife! Not gonna happen. Also, it's not asynchronous so the whole system freezes during channel changes making it seem even worse. MediaPortal let's you flick through channels with having to wait each time.
Did you try the margro builds? These got my channel change times in XBMC down to about 1-2 seconds (depending if the channel I'm changing to is on the same frequency or a different one).
So is this in Gotham yet?
No, I don't think they have included the speed up fixes in Gotham yet. You still need a special margro build for this.
Hey,

are their any builds available for android which speed up channel swichting in xbmc with nextPvr?

Some other question is, why the quality of the live tv is so bad and if this is a general problem.

I Use Gotham 13.0 on android and an acer pc with nextpvr as tv server. The video quality of live tv is really bad especially if their are fast pictures like in football games or action film.
I have already set Deinterlace video to on but this does not really help.
So I know bad quality is very relativ to a person but I hope you know what I mean.

Any ideas?

Best regards.
(2014-05-20, 10:52)EinsZwo Wrote: Hey,

are their any builds available for android which speed up channel swichting in xbmc with nextPvr?
Sorry, no I'm not aware of any Margro builds for android. Hopefully these changes will be integrated into the main XBMC code in the near future, and speed up changes for all the different platforms.

Quote:Some other question is, why the quality of the live tv is so bad and if this is a general problem.

I Use Gotham 13.0 on android and an acer pc with nextpvr as tv server. The video quality of live tv is really bad especially if their are fast pictures like in football games or action film.
So I know bad quality is very relativ to a person but I hope you know what I mean.
Assuming you're a digital tuner, NextPVR will be delivering the original broadcast bitstream to XBMC, so there is no reason it should be bad (exactly the same as set top box would get). It sounds like it's an XBMC playback problem on Android, rather than anything related to NextPVR or other backend addons, so your best bet is to post about these problems in 'Android Support' subforum, so the right people see the reports.
(2014-05-20, 10:52)EinsZwo Wrote: Hey,

Some other question is, why the quality of the live tv is so bad and if this is a general problem.

Any ideas?

Best regards.

Are you using a CETON tuner? I had a ceton and it changes channels incredibly slow. Sent it back and got units from silicondust instead and what a difference.
My channel changes are pretty fast with NextPVR probably around 2 to 3 seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow channel changes1