• 15(current)
[RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10
Have you tried 2.1.8?
I have not, can you provide a link for the update? All that I could see on the last page was for 2.1.7 except for a link from you that was removed.
Where can we find the most recent versions of this addon?

They seem to be very secretive!
(2014-05-10, 10:08)Spacedementia87 Wrote: Where can we find the most recent versions of this addon?

They seem to be very secretive!

It's because one of the devs started installing adverts and Google analytics into all his add-ons, that person has since been banned It's a shame as I would like to use this but will not out of principle.

If you wanted to be safe you could try using a old version when only dlake02 was involved.
There's no longer any ads but I'm not sure about the Google Analytics. I'm using it happily even though the author and I have a bit of history.

Only problem is that the addon's repository contains piracy addons. Also if you install the repo it has irritating stuff like addons that are named solely (prefixed with asterixs and periods) so that they appear at the top of any addon list.

I don't know if it's allowed to give a direct link to the addon itself (rather than the repo)? I can't see why it shoudn't so I'll chance it:

ITV Player 2.1.9

This is a direct link to the addon which contains nothing illegal. I'm hoping that's acceptable to the forum mods. Believe me there's no love lost between me and the author. I'm just trying to help people but I realise XBMC has to be careful too.
Thanks VanZan, I will give it ago. Hope you don't get in trouble.
Thanks VanZan! The rest of that repo is poison!
(2014-05-10, 14:06)VanZan Wrote: There's no longer any ads but I'm not sure about the Google Analytics. I'm using it happily even though the author and I have a bit of history.

Only problem is that the addon's repository contains piracy addons. Also if you install the repo it has irritating stuff like addons that are named solely (prefixed with asterixs and periods) so that they appear at the top of any addon list.

I don't know if it's allowed to give a direct link to the addon itself (rather than the repo)? I can't see why it shoudn't so I'll chance it:

ITV Player 2.1.9

This is a direct link to the addon which contains nothing illegal. I'm hoping that's acceptable to the forum mods. Believe me there's no love lost between me and the author. I'm just trying to help people but I realise XBMC has to be careful too.

From one Irishman to another, thank you for the link, but when I try to install it I receive the error: 'Add-on does not have the correct structure'. I have read this is due to it needing to be packaged but I do not know how to or if I can do this. At the moment I am using version 2.1.7 (Gotham fix) and the live Streams are hit and miss, at the moment ITV 1, 2, and 3 are working but ITV 4 brings up a white page with black text 'Programme not available on this platform'.

Please repackage 2.1.9 so it works and/or advise or link to the actual page for this addon, I have found what looks like it on Google Code but it only goes up to something like version 2.0.9 - where are you sourcing the more up to date versions?

(2014-05-24, 04:39)vijayk416 Wrote: Thanks VanZan! The rest of that repo is poison!

What repo, please link so I can have a look at it.
The addon creator, Mikey1234, got banned because the repo this ITV Player addon is located on contains other addons which provide pirated content. It's not my addon or repo so I can not re-package it. Don't know why you're getting that error message as it worked fine for me. Simply try installing again a few times?

I can't link to the repo because there's illegal stuff on it and I don't fancy getting banned. Please don't PM me again.
I don't believe Mikey1234 created this addon. I think the author is dlake, who has indicated that, when he has the time, he intends to post it to the official XBMC repository. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1605579
Okay, so I redownloaded from the link to 2.1.9 above, and I was able to install it without it giving a structure error. Last night ITV 2 and 3 livestreams were working, ITV 1 and 4 were not. I am outside of the UK and using Unotelly DNS to watch BBC etc. This morning I made sure Unotelly had my dynamic IP up to date, using my laptop I confirmed I could access ITV 1 live stream on the website, and this worked after I entered a UK post code. I tried the ITV 1 live stream again and it worked but then trying ITV2 brought up 'Working..' for a few minutes and then restarted OpenELEC, brought me back to where it shows the XBMC and XBMC Hub logos. I turned debugging on and at 10:46 I opened ITV Player and seconds later the ITV 1 live stream worked. I stopped ITV 1 at 10:47 by pressing X on my keyboard and then ITV 2 worked fine also. I let this play for a few minutes before pressing backspace a few times and the X to stop the stream. I tried opening ITV 3 then and it showed 'Working...' for a few minutes until 10:55 when it came back with a failed to load error.

Sometimes, although not in this debug log, even with version 2.1.9, I receive black text on a white screen telling me 'Program not available on this platform', but usually when they do not play the unable to load error comes back, or it restarts back to the XBMC Hub splashscreen.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=213294

Please advise.
By the way I am running OpenELEC 4.03 on a 'turbo' overclocked Raspberry Pi.
The CDN's for ITV are geo-locked. They will a) check your source IP address when you connect and b) only stream to UK IP addresses.

DNS spoofing devices don't always work - all they do is report a CDN in UK. If there is a ACL blocking access from non-UK IP addresses, then you're not going to be able to work around that. From memory, the CDN provider that ITV1 and 4 are using is different from ITV 2 and 3.

You can try and use a VPN, but many of the commercially available VPNs are well known to the CDN operators and they block them regularly. There really is no answer here - there are geo-locks for a reason, and until international copyright law catches up with 21st century TV, things are only going to get more stringent, not less I'm afraid...
Hi dlake, are you sure about this? My DNS provider has confirmed no issue with ITV so I am thinking it is actually a problem with the add-on. I can also watch BBC content using the iPlayer add-on without any issue.
Hello,

I am trying to install ITV Player 2.1.3 on raspbmc but when I click on the zip to install I get 'Dependencies not met. Please contact Addon author'

Any ideas?

Thanks
Steven
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ITV Player 1.100