Irish TV Player is inspired by VODie. The AerTV part is something that mutated from liamf's AerTV player in VODie. Everything else was created from scratch.
When reporting problems ALWAYS include a debug log please. Also if you get a problem trying to play a video, check to see if works on Player XL (http://www.rte.ie/playerxl ). If it doesn't work there it's not going to work in the plugin.
Quote:In Settings > System > Debugging there is a setting Enable debug logging. This lets you toggle between Normal and Debug w/ visuals on the fly.
Can be installed from the official XBMC repository, my repository addon, or by direct download. New updates will always be available from my own repository and by direct download before being available via the official XBMC repository (v.2.0.10).
The plugin zip can also be downloaded from here:
[AerTV] Shows Now & Next for each channel
[AerTV] Lists only the channels that can be viewed in the plugin (RTE,TV3, TG4, News Now)
[RTE/TV3] Search option
[RTE/TV3] Download option (see plugin settings)
[RTE] Live TV (backup for AerTV, just in case!)
[TV3] Full menu, Latest, Most Popular, etc.
[TG4] Full menu, Latest, Most Popular, etc.
Live TV from outside Ireland
Android/Raspberry Pi: Some platforms need a more up-to-date version of librtmp than the one that normally gets installed in order to get some parts of the plugin working. This may affect platforms other than Android and Raspberry Pi. See the wiki for links.
TV3: Due to badly formatted HTML in TV3's webpages sometimes the Player cannot "read" the information it needs for a particular episode of a programme. This happens with occassional episodes on the Popular, Latest and Last Chance menus, and results in a warning that appears on the screen to say there is a problem with a particular programme. The relevant episode will NOT then appear in the programme list. If this happens and you want to see that episode, go to the "All Shows A-Z" menu, you should be able to find the episode there and play it.
TG4: Occassionally I have found that Rugbai Beo won't play, possibly because the plugin is using the wrong video Id. I do not know if this is a problem in the plugin, or a problem in the website. I have not seen this problem with any other program.
Version 2.0.12 [05 Mar 2014]
- RTE: Fix not working, change of swfurl
- AerTV: Fix not working over SmartDNS
- AerTV: Added "Show EPG" option. May speed up channel listing when turned off, On by default.
Version 2.0.11 [05 Oct 2013]
- RTE: Fix bug caused by website lying about the number of episodes available for a programme
- RTE: Most Popular fails to load if a list show is no longer available
- TG4: Remove duplicate news category
- TG4: Correctly play multipart programmes
- AerTV: Fix bugs caused by website changes and removal of RTE2 HD
- Fix root menu error in AerTV - due to changes in AerTV's API
- Fix Now and Next times in AerTV. There is now a local time offset option in the plugin settings for people in foreign timezones.
- Fix: TV3 RTMP streams now require verification (nothing that you need to worry about)
- Fix: After a successful download sometimes a download error message appears
- Close progress dialog on download start
- Improve progress dialog
- Moved repository
- Fix for users in the six counties getting urls with "/player/6c..." instead of "/player/ie..."