• 21(current)
[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.1
I wasn't planning on removing the channels, I just assumed that they'd stop working after ten minutes.

However in the long run they're bound to notice if loads of non-subscribers are getting unlimited access to the free channels. When that happens they could block all access to AerTV from the plugin and that won't do us any good. So I'll probably copy what the website is doing in a future release.
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
Seems like some bright spark at AerTV realised that people weren't interested in paying for a few BBC channels that are already all over the internet. Now they've lumped all the previously free channels in with them. Still can't see anyone paying good money for it though. It's doomed to failure but I'll miss a good few episodes of Nationwide while they're flogging this dead horse.
Quote:We have debated and thought carefully about this. The reality is that the cost of supporting free TV simply is not sustainable in the long run.

That says it all.. I won't be switching to Aertv plus. I will probably see if I can get a DVB card to pick up Saorview or I won't bother. Until RTE start charging for RTE Player which I can see happening as well..
Release 2.0.14 see first post.

@niallb Thanks for the extensive testing.

RTE Newsnow and rtejr live streams: Live streams are not available on the XL version of RTE Player (www.rte.ie/playerxl) so I don't know if non-DRM versions of those streams still exist. If they do I have no way to determine the stream parameters.

TG4 live: Doesn't work in a browser for me, so there's no way it's going to work in the plugin.

AerTV locks up XBMC when seeking: This is an XBMC problem, you'll just have to avoid fast forwarding live streams.

Well done for uncovering those issues, pity I can't do anything about them!
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
Getting a script error after entering credentials for AerTV. I'll try to get a debug log later.
Are you using a Plus or Platinum account?
(2014-03-25, 18:20)Mossy Wrote: Are you using a Plus or Platinum account?

Sorry should have mentioned, it's a non subscribed account. Just wanted to test if the script still works before committing.
The script only works with subscribed accounts. There's no benefit in having the plugin provide access to 10 minutes of channels, no one would use it. Anyway testing that the free channels work for you would only prove that the free channels work, not that the subscription channels work.

You may want to wait until people who already subscribe have tried the plugin.
(2014-03-20, 03:00)Beautiful Rock Wrote:
(2014-03-19, 23:55)Philmang Wrote: For Beautiful rock. Thank you for the advice on the DNS settings . I have followed your directions and set the DNS servers on the WIFI network as described. This allows me to us AERTV when using the WiFi connection . My question now is can I also configure the box to work over the ethernet hardwired connection . It works fine now with WIFI but not with the hardwired option. I have tried to set the Smart DNS address in the Ethernet setup but it will not accept the address. Any Ideas is this possible to do. Than you once again.

No problem, glad to help as I have been helped myself many times on here. I have not done the hard wire connection but would suggest the best way to do that would be to change your DNS settings, to the smart DNS, on your router. The website has a tutorial if you are not sure how to do this.

Am wondering how much better is the wired solution versus wifi on the gbox? Is there a noticeable difference?

Thank you for this. AERTV has been working really well . Until tonight I have switched on the box and AERTV is missing from the list of channels under Irish Channel addon. Any Ideas what might have happened. Its just not there . once again thanks for the help.
(2014-03-25, 21:25)Philmang Wrote: Thank you for this. AERTV has been working really well . Until tonight I have switched on the box and AERTV is missing from the list of channels under Irish Channel addon. Any Ideas what might have happened. Its just not there . once again thanks for the help.

It will only appear if you fill in your username/password in the plugin settings.
AerTV is going pay only, so it'll only work if you have a subscription account with AerTV.

So you need to fill in your AerTV Plus or Platinum subscription email/password in the plugin settings.
(2014-03-25, 21:34)degsie Wrote:
(2014-03-25, 21:25)Philmang Wrote: Thank you for this. AERTV has been working really well . Until tonight I have switched on the box and AERTV is missing from the list of channels under Irish Channel addon. Any Ideas what might have happened. Its just not there . once again thanks for the help.

It will only appear if you fill in your username/password in the plugin settings.

Never had to do that before . it was just there!! I have a sunscription but will try what you advise and see what happens.
(2014-03-24, 00:49)Mossy Wrote: Release 2.0.14 see first post.

@niallb Thanks for the extensive testing.

RTE Newsnow and rtejr live streams: Live streams are not available on the XL version of RTE Player (www.rte.ie/playerxl) so I don't know if non-DRM versions of those streams still exist. If they do I have no way to determine the stream parameters.

TG4 live: Doesn't work in a browser for me, so there's no way it's going to work in the plugin.

AerTV locks up XBMC when seeking: This is an XBMC problem, you'll just have to avoid fast forwarding live streams.

Well done for uncovering those issues, pity I can't do anything about them!

Rte xlis now located here http://www.rte.ie/playerxl/#s=home
Yup, that's what http://www.rte.ie/playerxl redirects to, still not seeing any live streams there though.
(2014-03-25, 22:46)Philmang Wrote:
(2014-03-25, 21:34)degsie Wrote:

Never had to do that before . it was just there!! I have a sunscription but will try what you advise and see what happens.

Thank you for the advice. I did that entered my user name and password and aertv appeared back on the list. However when i try to open I am getting a script failure. Not my night. everything has been ok until this evening. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.17